+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship paperwork, how long does it take to complete?

Kevin L

Mar 20, 2019
we have a few months to submit the sponsorship application, just wondering if that’s enough time to complete it?

She is from USA, we have the forms but the complete guide is a little overwhelming.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Edit: how complicated is the process? Should I hire a lawyer?

Last edited:

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Rno meed for a lawyer. Take your time filling it out. Took me just over amonth to complete

Kevin L

Mar 20, 2019
Rno meed for a lawyer. Take your time filling it out. Took me just over amonth to complete
Ah ok cool what about any prerequisite forms or info needed from other sources like police reports etc. Does any of that take a really long time to get? That’s what I was worried about.

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
A few months will be enough.

For me what delayed the process more than necessary was things like updating information such as proof of address (e.g.drivers license) and translating documents that prove our relationship. And while waiting for these things, we had other updates like me getting pregnant, we both getting a job, etc that we had to add on to the app. The more you wait, the more you also risk having the forms updated too.

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
we have a few months to submit the sponsorship application, just wondering if that’s enough time to complete it?

She is from USA, we have the forms but the complete guide is a little overwhelming.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Edit: how complicated is the process? Should I hire a lawyer?
It took us 1 week to gather all the documents and fill out all of the forms so you're good

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Ah ok cool what about any prerequisite forms or info needed from other sources like police reports etc. Does any of that take a really long time to get? That’s what I was worried about.
Depends where youre from. Read the guide. Go step by step. Take your time

Kevin L

Mar 20, 2019
Thank you for the replies.

Depends where youre from. Read the guide. Go step by step. Take your time
A few months will be enough.

For me what delayed the process more than necessary was things like updating information such as proof of address (e.g.drivers license) and translating documents that prove our relationship. And while waiting for these things, we had other updates like me getting pregnant, we both getting a job, etc that we had to add on to the app. The more you wait, the more you also risk having the forms updated too.

It took us 1 week to gather all the documents and fill out all of the forms so you're good