+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship: DNA Testing Required

sambuzz

Dec 7, 2012
Hi All,

My parents sponsorship (along with my sister as their dependent) was approved back in May 2012. My parents/sister are in Kathmandu, Nepal.

Passports for my parents and sister have been with New Delhi Visa Office for past 15 months with medicals been done for my parents and sister as well. However, we received email from visa office stating that they are not satisfied with official documentary evidence of relationship between my sister and parents. Thus, they have asked for DNA testing (which as their email suggest is not mandatory). Basically, they have given us 90 days to make the decision on DNA testing.

We are not too sure how long this overall process would take. We are in need of our passports as we have to make travel arrangements within next 2-3 months. We are even thinking of taking off (withdraw) my sister as dependent from my parents application but not too sure how that would impact the PR application process for my parents. Since its been 15 months that the passports have been with New Delhi Visa Office, and now with this DNA testing requirement, we are not too sure how much more time we are looking for. If by withdrawing my sister from the application, the application process would expedite, we are even thinking about that option.

I am pretty sure members in the forum have experienced this before. Please help us to tackle this situation. Is there any place in Kathmandu, Nepal to collect the sample for DNA testing? Also how much would it cost approximately?

Thanks in advance to all of the members.

Below is the copy of email received for New Delhi Visa Office;

Dear Principal Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

After reviewing the information provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that there is sufficient evidence to prove the relationship between you, dependent (wife) and dependent (daughter).

Since the documentary evidence you have provided does not enable us to establish relationship you, dependent (wife) and dependent (daughter), in place of documentary evidence we will accept the results of a DNA analysis carried out by a laboratory accredited by the Standard Council of Canada for DNA testing. You should be aware that you are responsible for the costs of sample taking, shipping, laboratory analysis, and report submission.

To proceed with your application and the DNA test process, you are responsible for choosing a laboratory in Canada. A list of accredited laboratories is attached.

Once you decide to undergo the DNA testing, the laboratory chosen will then send us a letter informing us that you are prepared to undertake the testing. Upon receipt of this letter, we will then contact you with a date for sample collection at New Delhi. Please be advised that the samples are now collected at Sadhu Vaswani Mission Medical Centre, 4th Street, Shanti Niketan, New Delhi 110 021.

We will also inform you of the requirements, such as valid passport, identification card and two passport–size photos and the payment to the doctor for sample collection. Please note that it is important for you to have these identification documents before we can proceed with the sample collection.

The results of the DNA tests will be sent to us by the laboratory when they have been completed. This can take approximately four to six weeks.

If the tests confirm the relationship between you, dependent (wife) and dependent (daughter), we will be in a position to proceed with the processing of your application .

DNA tests are not mandatory:

If we are not advised within 90 days by a laboratory that you will be proceeding with the DNA testing, we will assume that you are no longer interested in providing a DNA test result and will render a decision based on the information available to us at that time.

Best Regards,
Sam

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

sambuzz said:
Hi All,

My parents sponsorship (along with my sister as their dependent) was approved back in May 2012. My parents/sister are in Kathmandu, Nepal.

Passports for my parents and sister have been with New Delhi Visa Office for past 15 months with medicals been done for my parents and sister as well. However, we received email from visa office stating that they are not satisfied with official documentary evidence of relationship between my sister and parents. Thus, they have asked for DNA testing (which as their email suggest is not mandatory). Basically, they have given us 90 days to make the decision on DNA testing.

We are not too sure how long this overall process would take. We are in need of our passports as we have to make travel arrangements within next 2-3 months. We are even thinking of taking off (withdraw) my sister as dependent from my parents application but not too sure how that would impact the PR application process for my parents. Since its been 15 months that the passports have been with New Delhi Visa Office, and now with this DNA testing requirement, we are not too sure how much more time we are looking for. If by withdrawing my sister from the application, the application process would expedite, we are even thinking about that option.

I am pretty sure members in the forum have experienced this before. Please help us to tackle this situation. Is there any place in Kathmandu, Nepal to collect the sample for DNA testing? Also how much would it cost approximately?

Thanks in advance to all of the members.

Below is the copy of email received for New Delhi Visa Office;

Dear Principal Applicant:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

After reviewing the information provided in support of your application, I am not satisfied that there is sufficient evidence to prove the relationship between you, dependent (wife) and dependent (daughter).

Since the documentary evidence you have provided does not enable us to establish relationship you, dependent (wife) and dependent (daughter), in place of documentary evidence we will accept the results of a DNA analysis carried out by a laboratory accredited by the Standard Council of Canada for DNA testing. You should be aware that you are responsible for the costs of sample taking, shipping, laboratory analysis, and report submission.

To proceed with your application and the DNA test process, you are responsible for choosing a laboratory in Canada. A list of accredited laboratories is attached.

Once you decide to undergo the DNA testing, the laboratory chosen will then send us a letter informing us that you are prepared to undertake the testing. Upon receipt of this letter, we will then contact you with a date for sample collection at New Delhi. Please be advised that the samples are now collected at Sadhu Vaswani Mission Medical Centre, 4th Street, Shanti Niketan, New Delhi 110 021.

We will also inform you of the requirements, such as valid passport, identification card and two passport–size photos and the payment to the doctor for sample collection. Please note that it is important for you to have these identification documents before we can proceed with the sample collection.

The results of the DNA tests will be sent to us by the laboratory when they have been completed. This can take approximately four to six weeks.

If the tests confirm the relationship between you, dependent (wife) and dependent (daughter), we will be in a position to proceed with the processing of your application .

DNA tests are not mandatory:

If we are not advised within 90 days by a laboratory that you will be proceeding with the DNA testing, we will assume that you are no longer interested in providing a DNA test result and will render a decision based on the information available to us at that time.

Best Regards,
Sam
1. Your parents are going to put themselves between a rock and a hard place.
2. CIC doesn't believe your sister's parents are your parents, so they are requesting DNA.
3. If the DNA test proves she is not your sister, she will be refused and your parents will be as well for misrepresentation.
4. If your sister is removed from the application, so they don't have to do the DNA test, then CIC is going to take that as an admission that she is not the child of your parents. Then it is quite probable that again the application may be refused for misrepresentation.
5. Go to the Federal Court search page http://decisions.fct-cf.gc.ca/fc-cf/en/nav.do search on Misrepresentation DNA Child

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
If you are agree to DNA testing, you will probably be called to New Delhi ( as they do testing there ) , the results etc takes 3 mos, and since its been 15 months already since meds, new meds have to be done
I foresee an overall wait period of 8+ months
If you withdraw ur sisters app, surely looks bad on the app - normally they take dependents out when they are not satisfied with their education ( if they were above 22 at time of app ) but I think remember reading a post where sister refused DNA as she was married and in laws didn't want DNA test, nt sure what happened to that case

sambuzz

Dec 7, 2012
Thanks a lot for the responses. We really appreciate that.

Since the time is what really matters for us and that my parents/sister have been without passports for over 15 months now, we really would like to expedite the process. Since my parents are in Nepal and for sample collection they have to go to India, it is really hard on them. Even if they decide to do that, I think they would have to have their passports with them (as email from New Delhi states that my parents will have to show their passports/identification at the sample collection centre). In that respect, I guess if we agree for DNA test, New Delhi Visa office will be sending back the passports for this purpose??? which will further delay the whole process and my parents are in dire need of their passports in next 2-3 months for traveling.

Also, email states that DNA test is not mandatory. If we decide to not do DNA testing, would the whole application be denied or just my sister's? We are really confused here and seeking for some direction. Please help.

Best Regards,
Sam

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
The reason they requested the DNA test is because they have suspicions. They most likely believe that your sister is not your biological sister, therefore cannot be a dependent of your parents.
The DNA testing is not mandatory of course, because it is entirely up to you to prove them wrong on their suspicion. Without the DNA tests they can't proceed with evaluating your application, and they will make a decision based on what they have at hand. If they suspect your sister doesn't qualify as a dependent, their decision will reflect that. A refusal from your part will further convince them of what they already suspect, that your sister is not your parents' daughter.

If you have nothing to hide, I would agree to the DNA tests. If you want a faster process, withdrawing your sister from the application will certainly make it faster, but not in a good way. The VO will probably issue you a refusal letter based on misrepresentation (because that's what they suspect at the moment, and with the DNA tests you are offered the chance to convince them they are wrong).

I know you mentioned an upcoming trip for your parents, but they have to prioritize. Do they care more about the trip than becoming a Canadian PR?

What I offered you is in no way legal advice, this is just my interpretation of the facts you described and what I would do in your situation. Maybe other members more experienced can give you a different opinion.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Avadava said:
I know you mentioned an upcoming trip for your parents, but they have to prioritize. Do they care more about the trip than becoming a Canadian PR?

What I offered you is in no way legal advice, this is just my interpretation of the facts you described and what I would do in your situation. Maybe other members more experienced can give you a different opinion.
... and a very 'easy to understand' interpretation too I might add, (seeing as he didn't get it, coming from the most respected forum member here).

sambuzz

Dec 7, 2012
To all respected responders,

Thanks a lot for the direction and suggestions. We really appreciate that. We don't have any thing to hide for the DNA analysis. It is just unfortunate that we have wait longer. Just ticked off that if they needed this DNA test why the passports were asked 15 months before. Anyways, we will be looking at logistics to have DNA test done. Since the collection facility is not in Nepal, it is little hard to arrange. We hope after this, the decision will be made.

We will definitely keep the forum posted about the development. Thanks a lot once again.

Best Regards,
Sam

sambuzz

Dec 7, 2012
Hi All respected members,

So finally the DNA results came in and it is positive result. However, due to personal circumstances, we would like to take off my sister from my parents application and process application just for my parents. With taking off my sister as their dependent from the application (at this stage), would it have any negative impact on their application process? Any advice and suggestion from the veterans will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Sam

Godgive

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Hi i received the same letter and i have choose the lab in Canada, and they collect my sample just don't know when they will be contacting me for my kids to give their sample back home .it's have been Month since I did mine but still i haven't had from them yet ,please advise

Apr 13, 2017
Hello, i have same situation, please help.
I have DNA test on 28th April
And they asked original passports ,
And if we ask cic then it will delay and a new date for DNA will be given which will further delay our process,
Did they sent u back passports or they accepted photocopy ?
Please reply soon

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
Gurjinder Singh Chauhan said:
Hello, i have same situation, please help.
I have DNA test on 28th April
And they asked original passports ,
And if we ask cic then it will delay and a new date for DNA will be given which will further delay our process,
Did they sent u back passports or they accepted photocopy ?
Please reply soon
You should call DNA testing agency .If cic need passport for medical then for DNA too

Apr 13, 2017
I called the yesterday they said call immigration office they will let u know,
And it's only 13 days to appointment for DNA test, and passports will take
Longer. And there is no contact number so we can call immigration office
@Delhi

adip19

Sep 19, 2016
Gurjinder Singh Chauhan said:
I called the yesterday they said call immigration office they will let u know,
And it's only 13 days to appointment for DNA test, and passports will take
Longer. And there is no contact number so we can call immigration office
@Delhi
Submit IRCC webform and request if your parents can collect passport personally. Write down urgent -passport request for DNA in subject line.(you can try submitting 2 web forms, one with application within canada-you can request that as sponser. And another with application outside canada and choose ND as visa office. Mississauga office will respond within 10 days, I dont know about ND office
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

Sizusingtan

Jan 18, 2024
Hi All respected members,

So finally the DNA results came in and it is positive result. However, due to personal circumstances, we would like to take off my sister from my parents application and process application just for my parents. With taking off my sister as their dependent from the application (at this stage), would it have any negative impact on their application process? Any advice and suggestion from the veterans will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Sam
Hello can you please tell how many days after the dna testing the passport request is sent by IRCC for a person in nepal