+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsorship and pr processing, Question about visiting while we wait.

Chernigovka

May 6, 2013
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Hey everyone. My husband is in Alberta, I am in Washington State, we have been going through the process of sponsorship starting June of last year.
It is all currently still processing and I haven't seen him in a very long time. I just got a ticket to fly and see him for two weeks in Canada,
When I traveled there before, I told them I was just staying with friends. I don't feel comfortable lying to Immigration,
but I'm worried that telling them I'm going to see my husband might effect our application process, or risk us getting turned down.

What documentation should I take with me, and how do I go about telling them that we're in the process but Im just visiting?
I know I have to convince them that I'll be returning, but how should I go about being honest with them,
without rejection or angry rude immigration officers? (I've had my fair share of them.)

Thanks guys.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
I assume you're a US citizen. There are plenty on this forum, going back and forth, so I'm sure others will add more info.

Be honest indeed, and just be prepared: tell them that you're going to visit your husband. Have the proof that you have applied for PR ( fee receipt or first stage approval), and your return ticket. Explain that you have a job to return to (and bring the proof), and tell them that you will come back in 2 weeks, as you don't want to jeopardize your PR. Tell them that you're visiting for 2 weeks.

It won't affect your application process, even if you get turned down at the border (which seems unlikely, but you never know).
Good luck,
Sweden