+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsors' Documents checklist/supporting-proof paperwork question.

johnnybgoode

Aug 24, 2009
Hi all --

first time poster here, and have a some questions regarding the necessary sponsors' supporting-proof paperwork....hopefully someone here can enlighten us!

I have looked through the sponsors' guide & applicable webpages but am curious re; parts 17, 18, 19 and 20 of the Sponsors' Document Checklist - i.e. the financial income proof needed and and the 'proof you intend to live in Canada w/ your spouse once they become prm. residents of Canada'.

I am sponsoring my wife and applying outside Canada (outland) before we arrive in Nov. sometime (I am a U.K. born CDN citizen). We will be applying to London, my wifes' country of origin/passport issued location.

I am self-employed via royalty income from previously published works. As I am not the 'sole owner of an unicorporated business' - I cannot determine the extent of financial proof required. I will explain the absence of an 'Option C printout' and, as I pass the 'minimum necessary income requirement' I intend to include a copy my recent annual (French) tax declaration.

I guess I am wondering if a tax declaration will suffice or, if any proof is actually needed as I pass the 'minimum necessary income requirement' in part 3 (income amount) of the Sponsorship Evaluation form?

Regarding part 20 'proof you intend to live in Canada w/ your spouse once they become prm. residents of Canada' - maybe a rental agreement would be acceptable, but we are unable to rent this far in advance. Although I currently have self-empl. work opportunities/offers, but no contract - this doesnt really prove our future proof of union either.

Would a joint CDN bank account suffice as a formal intent to live together in the future?

Guess I am just curious how to prove future intentions. My CDN-based parents would be happy to act as initial CDN address/guarantors but this is not the info needed here.

anyone have some suggestions?!

Many Thanks in advance --

John.

lesintheuk

Jan 9, 2009
John, are you sponsoring only a spouse? There is no necessary minimum income requirement for sponsoring a spouse. Nevertheless, you are still asked to show your financial situation. Does your french tax declaration show that you paid taxes, etc? I also applied through the London office (I am the sponsor) and we both live in the UK. I told them why I could not supply the Option C print-out but supplied copies of my P60s and several pay slips, to show my income and that I pay tax here. I also supplied several bank statements for the past 6 months, just as further proof that I indeed had a stable income and that I am not receiving benefits, etc.

With regards to part 20, I supplied: 1) written letter from me stating how I intended to re-establish ties, why I wanted to move back home, where we would live, how we would initially look for a place to live and work and then how I thought we could get a mortgage, etc. 2) letter from my mother saying she would let us live with her while we initially got ourselves setup, looking for a permanent place to live and work; 2) letter from my sister and brother in law saying that she knew of our intentions to move back to Canada, that she support our decision, looked forward to us living closer to her and our family; 3) letter from my friend in the city we intend to live in saying that she knew of our intentions to move back to Canada, that she supported our decision, looked forward to us living back home and that we could stay with her for a short period while we looked for place to live and work.

Just be clear about your intentions, how you intend to relocate, how and what you will do for work, and show letters from your family who know you and your mrs and that they support your decision and that they can and are willing to help you initially.

johnnybgoode

Aug 24, 2009
Hi Les---

Thank you very much for your quick and informed reply - we really appreciate it.

That seems the best way to do it - as you say, be clear and serious about our intentions with family & friends supporting letters and all should be well.

We will follow through as you did, incl. tax/bank info - outlining our circumstance as best we can -

All the best with your relocation if you're not already there!

Many thanks again,

Regards,

John.