+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

sponsoring parents with dependent under 22

search123

Jun 8, 2010
Hello Everybody, I would like to sponsor my parents and by brother as dependent under the age of 22 (now 21.5 yeras old now ).
I would like to know if I sponsor my parents with my brother as dependent, will he be locked in as dependent since he is still not 22 yet, or will he have to maintain the studies beyond 22 years of age to prove dependent.

Earlier a member of this forum told me it was 21 years to be locked in as dependent, but application says 22 years, your guidance is appreciated .
Thanks

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1. Your brother must be full time student right now and dependent on our parents.

2. He must not be working.

3. He must be studying in full time course till he get visa. Processing time may be 2 to 3 years. For next 3 years, He will have to study continuously in any course.

search123

Jun 8, 2010
Thanks for the info, but I am confused on this, what if processing takes more than 3-4 years, in that case it may be hard to find some studies that can go that long as he has already completed B.com this year.

Thanks in advance for anybodies guidance.

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
search123 said:
Thanks for the info, but I am confused on this, what if processing takes more than 3-4 years, in that case it may be hard to find some studies that can go that long as he has already completed B.com this year.

Thanks in advance for anybodies guidance.
1. It is good Idea to apply as principal applicant rather than dependent visa.

2. There are 2 occupation for account related jobs under 38 category.
NOC: 0111 Financial Management
NOC: 1111 Accountant

3. Ask him to get job as accountant and continue Master Degree