+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPONSORING MY MEXICAN BF WITH ILLEGAL SATUS

myla9185

Nov 24, 2011
HI,
HAVE A GOOD ONE TO ALL.
I AM AN IMMIGRANT MYSELF STILL WORKING ON MY OWN PAPERS, I HAVE A MEXICAN BF WHO CAME TO CANDA AS TOURIST AND OVERSTAYED FOR 3 YEARS ALREADY.PRETTY SOON IS MY APPLICATION FOR MY RESIDENT PERMANENT STATUS, BUT BEFORE THAT IS OUR WEDDING (WE ARE TOGETHER FOR 2 YEARS NOW).
MY QUESTION IS IF I SPONSOR HIM AT THE SAME TIME APPYING FOR MY PR,WOULD IT AFFECT OR I SAY DIS ADVANTAGE ON MY PAPERS?
CAN HE APPLY WORK PERMIT AT THE SAME ENVELOP AS MY SPONSORSHIP AND MY APPLICATION FOR PR. 9for him to legally work here in Canada which is good for our future)
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIX HIS STATUS WITHOUT JEOPARDIZING MY APPLICATION AND MY DAUGHTER'S?
WE LOVE EACH OTHER,AND WE KNOW,I KNOW FIXING HIS STATUS IS FOR THE GOOD OF OUR FUTURE?
I WAS THINKING TO WAIT FOR THE PERMANENT STATUS TO COME OUT (would be after a year) BEFORE I WILL APPLY SPONSORSHIP FOR HIM?WE WILL GET MARRY ANYWAYS AS DATED.
I APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICES HERE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

CHEERS :)

humpakwatankaylog

Nov 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So you are not married right now?

If he is not here with legal status at this time then legally he can be deported but your application can grant him the option to apply INLAND and give him implied legal status and I think you should be able to apply for his work permit as well.

I think you are eligible to sponsor him if you are a PR here. The only problem with applying inland is that if they refuse then you cannot appeal the decision and he will have to go live in his country and you will have to apply again outland and prove that the relationship is genuine. Before he leaves make sure that he informs the authorities and keeps a proofs of that so in your case that can be helpful.

There are more experienced members who know about his more than me so I will let them explain what I am lacking here.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myla9185 said:
HI,
HAVE A GOOD ONE TO ALL.
I AM AN IMMIGRANT MYSELF STILL WORKING ON MY OWN PAPERS, I HAVE A MEXICAN BF WHO CAME TO CANDA AS TOURIST AND OVERSTAYED FOR 3 YEARS ALREADY.PRETTY SOON IS MY APPLICATION FOR MY RESIDENT PERMANENT STATUS, BUT BEFORE THAT IS OUR WEDDING (WE ARE TOGETHER FOR 2 YEARS NOW).
MY QUESTION IS IF I SPONSOR HIM AT THE SAME TIME APPYING FOR MY PR,WOULD IT AFFECT OR I SAY DIS ADVANTAGE ON MY PAPERS?
CAN HE APPLY WORK PERMIT AT THE SAME ENVELOP AS MY SPONSORSHIP AND MY APPLICATION FOR PR. 9for him to legally work here in Canada which is good for our future)
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO FIX HIS STATUS WITHOUT JEOPARDIZING MY APPLICATION AND MY DAUGHTER'S?
WE LOVE EACH OTHER,AND WE KNOW,I KNOW FIXING HIS STATUS IS FOR THE GOOD OF OUR FUTURE?
I WAS THINKING TO WAIT FOR THE PERMANENT STATUS TO COME OUT (would be after a year) BEFORE I WILL APPLY SPONSORSHIP FOR HIM?WE WILL GET MARRY ANYWAYS AS DATED.
I APPRECIATE YOUR ADVICES HERE.
THANK YOU SO MUCH.

CHEERS :)
You cannot sponsor someone when you are not a citizen or permanent resident yourself. If you are applying for PR and you get married during the process of your application (before you become a PR) then you must add your spouse to the application. If you don't add him, you will NEVER be able to sponsor him.

In what category are you applying for PR?

myla9185

Nov 24, 2011
mhi again,

We are getting married early next year.
By then i am qualified to apply for my PR under skilled job category.
I am planning to submit sponsor application for him,the same time i apply for my PR...

thnx

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myla9185 said:
mhi again,

We are getting married early next year.
By then i am qualified to apply for my PR under skilled job category.
I am planning to submit sponsor application for him,the same time i apply for my PR...

thnx
No, you've got it wrong. You don't sponsor him. You include him on your own application for PR as your dependent spouse.