29-08-2012
File Transfer...
06-09-2012
Interview........
20-02-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
Hey everyone,

My husband used to live in Canada, but his family got deported back to Colombia so he had to leave with them on Aug,2011. I traveled to Colombia on Dec and got married in January. I sent our application to immigration on July 17th and by Aug 30th i had already gotten accepted as a sponsor (which is great news!). The next step is to wait and see if he gets called for an interview (i don't think he will though, because we sent lots of proof). In case he does get called for an interview, does anyone know how long does it usually take to get called or get any papers? i know it's been only 2 months since we got the letter accepting me as an sponsor, but i really want him to get here as soon as possible so we can start our lives together. I got recommended to send faxes and emails to the Canadian embassy in Colombia, has anyone else done so? Is it true that because he was sent back to Colombia with his family.. it will be harder for him to come back? I hear so many different stories, that everyone is already driving me crazy lol (Being in this situation needs a lot of patience and i'm doing my best)

Thank you

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
C_O said:
Hey everyone,

My husband used to live in Canada, but his family got deported back to Colombia so he had to leave with them on Aug,2011. I traveled to Colombia on Dec and got married in January. I sent our application to immigration on July 17th and by Aug 30th i had already gotten accepted as a sponsor (which is great news!). The next step is to wait and see if he gets called for an interview (i don't think he will though, because we sent lots of proof). In case he does get called for an interview, does anyone know how long does it usually take to get called or get any papers? i know it's been only 2 months since we got the letter accepting me as an sponsor, but i really want him to get here as soon as possible so we can start our lives together. I got recommended to send faxes and emails to the Canadian embassy in Colombia, has anyone else done so? Is it true that because he was sent back to Colombia with his family.. it will be harder for him to come back? I hear so many different stories, that everyone is already driving me crazy lol (Being in this situation needs a lot of patience and i'm doing my best)

Thank you
Hey C_O,

welcome to the forum and congratulations on getting the first stage done! there are quite a few people going through Bogota VO, and they will probably have a better idea of when you will get a PPR, etc.. So I suggest you join them there http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/bogota-visa-office-2012-applicants-t109614.270.html

so you can get some support, share stories with similar applicants, and make the whole "waiting time" a little easier on yourself and your family.

Good luck,
Sweden

WJG1958

Feb 24, 2024
Hello All, newbie here. I visited Colombia last year with the intent of marrying my girl, but the new international documentation rules established by the Hague (apostille verification) came in last December. So we got engaged and I came home to Canada. I am putting the required documents through the official apostille process via a government approved agency here, but should I also have them verified in Spanish? Any help/advice will be appreciated. Cheers!

Kananaskis

Star Member
Oct 4, 2023
The documents are not required to go through the apostille process.
The fact that Canada joined them it means that, Canadian documents can be used in other countries with ease if they are accompanied by the apostille.
Any documents you are required to gather from Colombia needs to be translated by a professional translator and have an affidavit alongside, that is all you will be needing for your spousal application.