+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsoring a parent - Some questions

davidmd

Aug 13, 2012
Hi all.

My wife intends to sponsor me and our daughter. She is a Canadian citizen, but we currently all live in another country. She was thinking if she could also sponsor her mother. As far as I have read, that is possible. But adding a parent to the list of persons being sponsored increases greatly the time it takes to process the application. Our problem is that my wifes mother wants to stay close to her grand daughter and I am thinking about what possibilities we have here.

If my wife would just sponsor me and our daughter, her mother could visit us using the super visa that has recently been introduced. She could stay up to two years, but of course, she could not work during that time.

So, are the any other ways you know of? The criteria would be that eventually she would like to immigrate and live with us and work in Canada.

Would there be a possibility of using the super visa and gaining a temporary work permit after some time that would enable her to stay with us?

On a related note. After sponsoring me and our daughter, can my wife sponsor her mother after we have immigrated to Canada? If that would be possible, would she need to send in another sponsorship assessment application? If not, the processing time for sponsoring her mother would be greatly reduced (approx 5 years). So, after sending in that immigration application, is it possible that the person to be sponsored could stay in the country and work?

Sorry about having this too long. Thanks in advance.

David.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
davidmd said:
Hi all.

My wife intends to sponsor me and our daughter. She is a Canadian citizen, but we currently all live in another country. She was thinking if she could also sponsor her mother. As far as I have read, that is possible. But adding a parent to the list of persons being sponsored increases greatly the time it takes to process the application. Our problem is that my wifes mother wants to stay close to her grand daughter and I am thinking about what possibilities we have here.

If my wife would just sponsor me and our daughter, her mother could visit us using the super visa that has recently been introduced. She could stay up to two years, but of course, she could not work during that time.

So, are the any other ways you know of? The criteria would be that eventually she would like to immigrate and live with us and work in Canada.

Would there be a possibility of using the super visa and gaining a temporary work permit after some time that would enable her to stay with us?

On a related note. After sponsoring me and our daughter, can my wife sponsor her mother after we have immigrated to Canada? If that would be possible, would she need to send in another sponsorship assessment application? If not, the processing time for sponsoring her mother would be greatly reduced (approx 5 years). So, after sending in that immigration application, is it possible that the person to be sponsored could stay in the country and work?

Sorry about having this too long. Thanks in advance.

David.
Parent sponsorship is different, cannot be combined with spouse and daughter
Cannot work or apply for work permit during supervisa
Parent Sponsorship will open in 2014, accepting 5K apps only and considering there are 4 people ( Wife + Spouse + Daughter + Mother ), your wife has to be earning approx 60K/year from past 3 years + 20 year undertaking. The process is very long and tedious, easily drag upto 4-5 years
She can have 2 apps running, as they are separate
Your best bet is Supervisa ( she has to meet income requirement for that too - albeit, less than sponsorship, around 45K ) + mother has to pass medical

davidmd

Aug 13, 2012
Hi. Thanks for you answer.

You mention income requirements. In the sponsorship guide, I found something about that the income requirements do not apply in the case of sponsoring me and our daughter. Can you tell me if that is correct?

Also, since I have been working and she has been a stay at home mom during the last years. Will that matter? And, since I will be working for our family when we arrive there, can I provide some documentation about my income as a proof?

Thank you.

David.