+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsored Parents - RO not met and Passport Expired

Ranvir Moore

Feb 9, 2018
They will be landing in Alberta and with the plans to stay here for 2 years or until they get their PR cards.
What I am wondering is if they come in on PRTD, would that qualify them to restart their Healthcare? Or would they have to wait until they get their PR cards(2-3 years) In order to reactivate the same.
Thanks

Ranvir Moore

Feb 9, 2018
Canuck78:
Sorry, just read your last note. This clearly addresses my last posting/question.

Seems like even if in case they managed to get through to Canada, they will not have health care coverage for the following couple of years until they get the physical PR card in their hands.Getting a medical insurance at their age could be quite expensive for that long of a period.

Isn’t there anything like a appeal process to somehow activate the healthcare prior to the PR card?

This really boils down to the renunciation and reapplication option. I could consider Getting them over or a super visa If I have to pay for their medical insurance anyways.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Canuck78:
Sorry, just read your last note. This clearly addresses my last posting/question.

Seems like even if in case they managed to get through to Canada, they will not have health care coverage for the following couple of years until they get the physical PR card in their hands.Getting a medical insurance at their age could be quite expensive for that long of a period.

Isn’t there anything like a appeal process to somehow activate the healthcare prior to the PR card?

This really boils down to the renunciation and reapplication option. I could consider Getting them over or a super visa If I have to pay for their medical insurance anyways.
You can apply for a PRTD based on H&C and see if it is approved. If so then they could apply for a PR card on arrival and they may without healthcare coverage for months not years. If they wanted to retain their medical coverage they should have met their RO. The process isn’t meant to allow people to return to Canada when it’s convenient to them. There is a pretty minimal RO already that allows a lot of flexibility to wrap up life in your home country. Supervisa insurance only covers emergency care.