+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Syrian Spouse who resides in Abu Dhabi, UAE - What are the required documents from Syria

anasshak

Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen married to a Syrian who resides in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
To be sponsored, the following are the documents in question to be submitted by my wife:

1. Birth Certificate: The applicant does not have access to it. It is nearly impossible to retrieve it from Syria. What else could be used as a Birth Certificate?

Country specific requirements

2. United Arab Emirates – Instruction(s) for documents
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit original of the “Final irrevocable divorce” or “Final divorce judgment”. She has not been married/divorced before, does this mean this document is not required?

Syria – Instruction(s) for documents
  • All submitted civil documents must be originals or certified copies.
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in your application must also provide:
    • 3. Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months. Her civil status would show as single, since we got wed in UAE and not Syria, also it is a challange to provide such a document as she does not reside in Syria. What should be done?
    • 4. Photocopies of the first 4 pages of your passports (including the page showing passport validity)

I have my questions in Italic above with regards to documents 1-3. I appreciate your help!
Thanks

Usmanjamil

Oct 13, 2014
Hello everyone,

I am a Canadian citizen married to a Syrian who resides in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
To be sponsored, the following are the documents in question to be submitted by my wife:

1. Birth Certificate: The applicant does not have access to it. It is nearly impossible to retrieve it from Syria. What else could be used as a Birth Certificate?

Country specific requirements

2. United Arab Emirates – Instruction(s) for documents
  • For divorces obtained in this country, please submit original of the “Final irrevocable divorce” or “Final divorce judgment”. She has not been married/divorced before, does this mean this document is not required?

Syria – Instruction(s) for documents
  • All submitted civil documents must be originals or certified copies.
  • If you hold a passport from this country, you and your family members included in your application must also provide:
    • 3. Civil status certificate issued in the last 6 months. Her civil status would show as single, since we got wed in UAE and not Syria, also it is a challange to provide such a document as she does not reside in Syria. What should be done?
    • 4. Photocopies of the first 4 pages of your passports (including the page showing passport validity)

I have my questions in Italic above with regards to documents 1-3. I appreciate your help!
Thanks

HI Brother,

I am also planning to sponsor my Syrian spouse and going thru all requirements.

I have same questions as well, except for birth certificate, because she was born in Abu Dhabi.

Since I am sponsoring her and my daughter only (my daughter and I are Pakistani nationals), then Civili status certificate is required for her only? or her complete family residing in UAE (which sounds least likely, but still want to be sure).