+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsor Sister as Caregiver in Canada

ZipZumZum

Aug 20, 2015
Hello People ,

This question may have been asked before , but I am not able to find precise information hence asking
I am very eager to sponsor my sister (35 years old Married) for my 2 year old as "Caregiver" in Canada , I don't see clear "Income Requirement" for employer (in this case me) .can anyone help me with how much money they ask when one wants to sponsor "caregiver" , and is it mandatory to "own house" as an employer if you are sponsoring ? I don't own house yet but planning to buy next year.
Also , does she need certificate / Diploma in "caregiver program" ?
She has "Bachelors in Education (B. Ed)" from India and now considering doing 1 year diploma in child care program. can online education be counted ? when do they open application for caregiver? I can file anytime of the year ? did you guys hire agent or did application yourself?
Any help will be appreciated . Thanks

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello People ,

This question may have been asked before , but I am not able to find precise information hence asking
I am very eager to sponsor my sister (35 years old Married) for my 2 year old as "Caregiver" in Canada , I don't see clear "Income Requirement" for employer (in this case me) .can anyone help me with how much money they ask when one wants to sponsor "caregiver" , and is it mandatory to "own house" as an employer if you are sponsoring ? I don't own house yet but planning to buy next year.
Also , does she need certificate / Diploma in "caregiver program" ?
She has "Bachelors in Education (B. Ed)" from India and now considering doing 1 year diploma in child care program. can online education be counted ? when do they open application for caregiver? I can file anytime of the year ? did you guys hire agent or did application yourself?
Any help will be appreciated . Thanks
There is no precise income requirement since the cost of living differs depending on where you live in Canada. Definitely over 100K. Given that you only have one child it would also make much more sense financially to put the child in daycare for 2 years until they go to junior kindergarten. Applications for family members as caregivers are looked at very carefully because IRCC is aware that families create caregiving position so they can secure PR for their family members and would not hire another caregiver if their family member was denied.