+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

(sponsor approvel )Before marriage or after marriage

Laila H

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Hi ,

I am interested to know do I have to get married first then apply for sponsor ? I heard first I have to be approved for sponsorship then I can apply for my spouse.( so marriage first or sponsor approval)

Thanks

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
Laila H said:
Hi ,

I am interested to know do I have to get married first then apply for sponsor ? I heard first I have to be approved for sponsorship then I can apply for my spouse.( so marriage first or sponsor approval)

Thanks
If you want to apply for your spouse under family class
the marriage goes first, then get all documents required and submit the application

After you submit your application Immigration will evaluate you as sponsor,
and if you qualify the application will continue....

dreamcatcher8

Jan 17, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. Need your advice. I've been reading through some threads regarding this topic, but I might need more information.

I am Filipino and my PR has just been approved. Me and my girlfriend of 3 years are planning to get married (asap).
As i have read (and we will do), we will get married after my landing in Canada. The goal is we are apart the least time, getting her in through the inland sponsorship route.

Our dilemma is where we should get married and how I can bring her with me to Canada after that.

We are planning the steps below:

1. My girlfriend will apply for a TRV (with her family). She has relatives there as well, so reason is to visit family and for leisure.

2. I leave for Canada (Toronto) to be a landed immigrant. PR card will be sent to mailing address in 48 days (published processing time in cic).

3. While waiting for the PR card, I will go back to Philippines since I will need to get married. I will just have the PR card mailed to me by my family member who will receive from Canada mailing address. Worst case is to apply for a single-use permanent resident travel doc in Canada visa office in the Philippines to return to Canada.

>>>Question on the single use travel document -- there is a portion in the form for your activities and employment since you became a PR and a Residency Obligation. Given that I will return to Philippines weeks after I land in Canada, I have no information to put in these fields in the Application for Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad). Will this be okay?

4. Once married in the Philippines, I will leave after for Canada, make sure to get a job so I can sponsor my wife (inland) when she arrives.

>>>Question on sponsoring spouse --- In order to sponsor my wife, is it okay to already apply even if I just got employed and will just show my financial sources.

5. After getting a job, she travels to Canada with TRV and I will apply for inland sponsorship, OWP and extension of visa.

>>>Question on her travel with TRV -- will she need a return ticket to ensure she gets in? Or no need for return ticket and if Immigration Officer asks her, will she declare that she will stay for inland sponsorship?

Please let me know the if there are any issues on our initial plan, setbacks, problems, a better way to do it, etc.

Thank you in advance for your advice. I will truly appreciate your feedback on our dilemma.

gagan09

Mar 16, 2017
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie here. Need your advice. I've been reading through some threads regarding this topic, but I might need more information.

I am Filipino and my PR has just been approved. Me and my girlfriend of 3 years are planning to get married (asap).
As i have read (and we will do), we will get married after my landing in Canada. The goal is we are apart the least time, getting her in through the inland sponsorship route.

Our dilemma is where we should get married and how I can bring her with me to Canada after that.

We are planning the steps below:

1. My girlfriend will apply for a TRV (with her family). She has relatives there as well, so reason is to visit family and for leisure.

2. I leave for Canada (Toronto) to be a landed immigrant. PR card will be sent to mailing address in 48 days (published processing time in cic).

3. While waiting for the PR card, I will go back to Philippines since I will need to get married. I will just have the PR card mailed to me by my family member who will receive from Canada mailing address. Worst case is to apply for a single-use permanent resident travel doc in Canada visa office in the Philippines to return to Canada.

>>>Question on the single use travel document -- there is a portion in the form for your activities and employment since you became a PR and a Residency Obligation. Given that I will return to Philippines weeks after I land in Canada, I have no information to put in these fields in the Application for Travel Document (Permanent Resident Abroad). Will this be okay?

4. Once married in the Philippines, I will leave after for Canada, make sure to get a job so I can sponsor my wife (inland) when she arrives.

>>>Question on sponsoring spouse --- In order to sponsor my wife, is it okay to already apply even if I just got employed and will just show my financial sources.

5. After getting a job, she travels to Canada with TRV and I will apply for inland sponsorship, OWP and extension of visa.

>>>Question on her travel with TRV -- will she need a return ticket to ensure she gets in? Or no need for return ticket and if Immigration Officer asks her, will she declare that she will stay for inland sponsorship?

Please let me know the if there are any issues on our initial plan, setbacks, problems, a better way to do it, etc.

Thank you in advance for your advice. I will truly appreciate your feedback on our dilemma.

So what happened there ? I am in a same boat as you at the moment.....