+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsering spouse with criminal record

Feb 1, 2024
Hello , I want to sponser my wife within canada . I am permanent residence. I was involved in fight . They put serious allegations like kidnapping robbery firearm assault life threat etc … now I got decision from that court and they remove all allegations . Assault case is still there they put me in 6 months house arrest for assault . All other allegations are dismissed apart from assault with 6 month house arrest . Can I still sponser her ,??

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because you were convicted and sentenced for assault, it's going to be an issue. I suggest you confer with an experienced lawyer (not a consultant) ASAP.

Political11

Feb 1, 2024
Hello everyone
How long the process after AOR to confirmation PR?
After main Aplicant get PR did dependents take Along time to process visa.
Thanks

Feb 1, 2024
Because you were convicted and sentenced for assault, it's going to be an issue. I suggest you confer with an experienced lawyer (not a consultant) ASAP.
I read that assault with family member , relative , ex and spouse counts . House arrest is as same as prison ? As he got house arrest only for assault?

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
You can’t have criminal record, especially your charges and dismissed charges. Go see an immigration lawyer, not a consultant an actual lawyer. They’ll tell you if it’s worth it or not.