+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sponsering Parents

genietalk

Aug 11, 2009
I have a question, Guy if you can put in ur suggestions

If incase I get a PR for Canada and I move to Canada, how long does it take to sponser your parents? Do you need to earn canadian dollars or you need to show any dollars in bank? How much?

Also any idea about processing time. My parents ( Senior citizens) are back in India. Lastly, do they get free health care also?

Thanks

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
i dont know about health care and about the dollar question but it is not a short process to sponsor parents, thats what i heard. i heard it may take like 4 years but would also like to hear from other members.

thayyib

Star Member
Jan 23, 2009
You can also check this link http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/mothers-application-t23387.0.html#lastPost , it has some good discussion on the same topic.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It seems that you have not yet received the PR but only planning for the future. Well, first of all you have to settle down yourself to qualify the requirements to sponsor your parents. Say, just you need a good job and history there for at least one year with a specified income, which you have to prove.
Then, for processing parents from India minimum 4 years and up to 6 years depending the case, once you qualify.

genietalk said:
I have a question, Guy if you can put in ur suggestions

If incase I get a PR for Canada and I move to Canada, how long does it take to sponser your parents? Do you need to earn canadian dollars or you need to show any dollars in bank? How much?

Also any idea about processing time. My parents ( Senior citizens) are back in India. Lastly, do they get free health care also?

Thanks