+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SP exceeds the expiry date of their passport and TRV

KakiUK

May 18, 2014
Hi, please who can solve my problem?
I intend to apply for new study permit for two years from outside Canada: the problem is my passport will expire in just one year.
Can i apply with it?, is it possible to transfer my study permit from the old passport to the new one when it expires? What will happen if apply with a passport expires on 11/2015 for program ends on 12/2016?
Note that the authorities refused to issue to me a new passport before 6months to the day of my passport expires?
I heard some people they have got SP exceeds the expiry date of their passport and TRV, is it true?

Thank you, Regards.

KakiUK

May 18, 2014
Will the CIC VO issue me a study permit for 2years with a passport valid for 1year?
Even the CIC mentioned on their website:
(Note: The validity of your study permit cannot exceed the validity of your passport. Therefore, you should ensure that your passport will be valid for at least the same amount of time as your requested extension)

Can I ignore this note and apply with 1year passport validity for 2years program length?

Thank you.

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
KakiUK said:
Will the CIC VO issue me a study permit for 2years with a passport valid for 1year?
Even the CIC mentioned on their website:
(Note: The validity of your study permit cannot exceed the validity of your passport. Therefore, you should ensure that your passport will be valid for at least the same amount of time as your requested extension)

Can I ignore this note and apply with 1year passport validity for 2years program length?

Thank you.
You can apply with this passport if it has more than 6 months of validity. Renew study permit after getting new passport once in Canada.