+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP - Upfront Medical Query

jay.pnchl16

Aug 29, 2021
Hi everyone,

I applied for a SOWP visa on 28th Nov 2023. Except bio nothing has been updated yet. I have not done upfront medical.
My question is do I need to wait for medical request to complete the medical exam or I can do upfront medical after filling the visa as well?
I want to get done with the medical exam to save time and not wait for medical request

Sarynumbra

Feb 18, 2024
Hi everyone,

I applied for a SOWP visa on 28th Nov 2023. Except bio nothing has been updated yet. I have not done upfront medical.
My question is do I need to wait for medical request to complete the medical exam or I can do upfront medical after filling the visa as well?
I want to get done with the medical exam to save time and not wait for medical request
Same question, I applied on nov 24, biometrics submitted on nov 30. Nothing after that

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone
I have a question I applied for trv on dec 2023 inside Canada as I had to travel in February.I got biometric request on jan 6th and I already submitted on Jan 10th since then there’s no update. I have work permit until dec 31st 2024. Now am stuck in India I had to return on February 24th. I have contacted ircc several times but no luck. I also got my permanent residency portal confirmation on march 12th but I can’t enter Canada as i need trv.
Please advise if there is any way. I have see people getting passport request within 2 weeks
Thanks!
Post has nothing to do with SOWP and upfront medical. Don’t hijack a post.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi everyone,

You can but at this point not really saving time, as even it can take a long time to update file with upfront medical. Where do you live?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
On study permit, expiring on 30th Sep 2024. He will extend as he has one more 1 year program to do
Usually IRCC will not process SOWP if spouse’s study permit is expiring within 6 months. Do upfront medical and see what happens. If refused, then wait for extension and reapply.