+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Query

palvii

Aug 9, 2019
Hi,
I am a full-time student in Canada. I will be marrying in Jan2021 and wants to apply for SOWP for my spouse. Soon I will be completing my studies and I will apply for PGWP in April 2021. Is it advisable to apply for his SOWP based on a student visa or should I process his application after getting my PGWP? What will be the right time to apply for his SOWP?
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I am a full-time student in Canada. I will be marrying in Jan2021 and wants to apply for SOWP for my spouse. Soon I will be completing my studies and I will apply for PGWP in April 2021. Is it advisable to apply for his SOWP based on a student visa or should I process his application after getting my PGWP? What will be the right time to apply for his SOWP?
Thank you.

You won't even receive a response before the end of your studies and you'd need over 6 months left on your studies to get the SOWP. If it is an arranged marriage any do not get approved if you apply right after getting married due to concerns about immigration fraud. IRCC wants to see proof that you're in a a real relationship. You should apply for an SOWP when you have 3 pay stubs of your NOC 0, A or B job when you have received or applied for PGWP.

palvii

Aug 9, 2019
You won't even receive a response before the end of your studies and you'd need over 6 months left on your studies to get the SOWP. If it is an arranged marriage any do not get approved if you apply right after getting married due to concerns about immigration fraud. IRCC wants to see proof that you're in a a real relationship. You should apply for an SOWP when you have 3 pay stubs of your NOC 0, A or B job when you have received or applied for PGWP.
Hi, Thank you for your response. So I can also apply for his owp on my implied pgwp status? Also I will be doing an internship that comes under NOCA-B so those 3 pay stubs would be counted as well?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Thank you for your response. So I can also apply for his owp on my implied pgwp status? Also I will be doing an internship that comes under NOCA-B so those 3 pay stubs would be counted as well?
Is the internship part of your school program?

palvii

Aug 9, 2019
Don't believe you qualify to apply for PGWP until after your internship if it is part of your program requirement. I would review that with your school.
Hi, My internship will be from Jan-April and in April I will apply for PGWP after completing my internship. So I am asking will those internship paystubs will be counted for the SOWP application or not.
Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, My internship will be from Jan-April and in April I will apply for PGWP after completing my internship. So I am asking will those internship paystubs will be counted for the SOWP application or not.
Thank you.
Will you continue working there after your internship? You'll need to verify with IRCC or your school.