+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP queries

Prince2541

Jun 4, 2023
Dear Friends

I am from INDIA. My wife is on a closed work permit in Canada and will be applying for my SOWP in couple of months.

My queries are:

1. What are the things that need to kept in mind for a positive SOWP result?
2. Do I need to take IELTS?
3. Do I need to show funds in INDIA? I have around 7000 CAD in cash and 25000 CAD in mutual funds investments which are liquid (basically takes 3 days to liquidate them).
I have a fixed asset of 120000 CAD. I am self-employed.
4. Can a SOWP holder do business in Canada or does one need to wait till one gets his or her PR?
5. Can I apply for Tourist Visa while SOWP is in process to be with my wife as SOWP processing times are longer?

Please guide.

Thanks

sengh.ca

Feb 27, 2024
Dear Friends

I am from INDIA. My wife is on a closed work permit in Canada and will be applying for my SOWP in couple of months.

My queries are:

1. What are the things that need to kept in mind for a positive SOWP result?
2. Do I need to take IELTS?
3. Do I need to show funds in INDIA? I have around 7000 CAD in cash and 25000 CAD in mutual funds investments which are liquid (basically takes 3 days to liquidate them).
I have a fixed asset of 120000 CAD. I am self-employed.
4. Can a SOWP holder do business in Canada or does one need to wait till one gets his or her PR?
5. Can I apply for Tourist Visa while SOWP is in process to be with my wife as SOWP processing times are longer?

Please guide.

Thanks
Did you get any info on this?

Feb 29, 2024
Hi, I am applying for SOWP from India and my husband is on a study permit in Canada. I have all the necessary documents like the proof of relationship documents, financial and educational documents but i am applying by self and not with the help of any agent. I have few questions -
1) I have all the documents but is it necessary to get them notarised/signed by a gazetted officer?
2) Is one "Letter of Explanation" enough or should there be one more letter stating the relationship story or others?

If anyone has anything on the above, it will be of great help.
Thanks in advance!