+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP Processing Timeline

GoJets69

Mar 1, 2024
Hello Everyone,

just wanted to know what the current processing time for SOWP in India is?

I applied for SOWP on Dec,15 2023, Medicals and Biometrics have been completed.

background eligibility has started
Eligibility requirements not yet started

when I applied the processing time was showing 15 weeks for India now it jumped to 20 weeks. I do not know what IRCC is doing, I have had people previously getting their SOWP in 2 months.

is anyone on the same boat?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone,

just wanted to know what the current processing time for SOWP in India is?

I applied for SOWP on Dec,15 2023, Medicals and Biometrics have been completed.

background eligibility has started
Eligibility requirements not yet started

when I applied the processing time was showing 15 weeks for India now it jumped to 20 weeks. I do not know what IRCC is doing, I have had people previously getting their SOWP in 2 months.

is anyone on the same boat?
Ask under Foreign Workers

Jatin@ni

Feb 4, 2024
I also applied for my wife on 18 december. But the processing time is increasing. I don’t know what they are doing. I didn’t see any decision coming who applied after 4 th november

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Approval in 2 months is very unusual. Spouses applying for SOWP often wait 5-6 months. How does she qualify for SOWP and did you recently get married and was this an arranged marriage and do you have a lot of relationship time in person?

Love29

May 6, 2022
Hi

Is your spouse is on study permit or on work permit in Canada. Or you both applied simultaneously from India.

We applied for closed work permit and open work permit on 1 Jan, 2024 and waiting for medical and biometrics request.