+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP no updates

Oct 24, 2021
India
Category........
WP
I have applied for my SOWP( Spouse open work permit) on 6 April 2021 ( Medical , biometrics all done). But still haven't got any update on that. Does this process take this much time. Please advise how long should we have to wait to get the approval.Thanks in advance

Reactions: RumezaJ

RumezaJ

Jun 2, 2021
Texas, USA
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
18-06-2021
Med's Request
Tbd
Med's Done....
Tbd
I have applied for my SOWP( Spouse open work permit) on 6 April 2021 ( Medical , biometrics all done). But still haven't got any update on that. Does this process take this much time. Please advise how long should we have to wait to get the approval.Thanks in advance
Which visa office ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is on post graduation work permit and currently working
Processing is 8-9 months so you should get a response soon. You are within the window of processing. So she submitted 3 pay slips, employment letter with a NOC A, B or 0 position? If so, when does her permit expire. You can order GCMS notes to see status.

Oct 24, 2021
India
Category........
WP
She is working on NOC B category job. Payslips and employment letter are submitted. Also she joined a new firm 2 months back. The new payslips and employment letter also submitted using webform. Her workvisa is getting expired on February 2022 as her passport validity will be ending at that period. Got a new Indian passport recently. She has an additional 1.5 years PGWP yet to get stamped and that also submitted for Work permit extension.

Does it affect my SOWP if her work permit not get extended before February? She is eligible for permit extension as it is mentioned in the visa paper. But the work permit extension is also taking time which has been applied 2 months back

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She is working on NOC B category job. Payslips and employment letter are submitted. Also she joined a new firm 2 months back. The new payslips and employment letter also submitted using webform. Her workvisa is getting expired on February 2022 as her passport validity will be ending at that period. Got a new Indian passport recently. She has an additional 1.5 years PGWP yet to get stamped and that also submitted for Work permit extension.

Does it affect my SOWP if her work permit not get extended before February? She is eligible for permit extension as it is mentioned in the visa paper. But the work permit extension is also taking time which has been applied 2 months back
There may be issues since her work permit expires within the next 6 months. If refused, you will have to reapply once she has extension approved.