+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP in tandem.

Mar 5, 2024
I live in USA and will be applying for a WP For canada, I talked to a bunch of lawyers and they told me to apply for my spouse SOWP application in tendem with my WP application. my spouse lives in EU and does not have ability to come to USA .
so what I want to know if and then my application get approved will my spouse application be approved also since its applied at the same time?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I live in USA and will be applying for a WP For canada, I talked to a bunch of lawyers and they told me to apply for my spouse SOWP application in tendem with my WP application. my spouse lives in EU and does not have ability to come to USA .
so what I want to know if and then my application get approved will my spouse application be approved also since its applied at the same time?
No, not necessarily. They are treated as separate applications.

Mar 5, 2024
No, not necessarily. They are treated as separate applications.
while reading this is what I found:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children/process.html

Step 1: We process your (the principal applicant’s) application
We make a decision on your application.

Step 2: Family member applications
If your application is approved
We’ll process any family member applications that were submitted at the same time as yours if your application is approved.

so has anyone had the same experiance?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
while reading this is what I found:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/open-work-permit-spouses-dependent-children/process.html

Step 1: We process your (the principal applicant’s) application
We make a decision on your application.

Step 2: Family member applications
If your application is approved
We’ll process any family member applications that were submitted at the same time as yours if your application is approved.

so has anyone had the same experiance?
Right. So as said above, they process your application. If your application is approved, they will then subsequently process your spouse's application that was submitted at the same time. Based on the IRCC information you've quoted, most likely your application will be processed first and your spouse's after that based on the decision made on your application.