+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SOWP from Pakistan

LartLM

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
Hello
I am hoping someone can help me with this and provide some information.

So my wife is an international student in Canada and I have just been approved a TRV to go visit her with my daughter, I land in Canada next week and want to apply for the SOWP (Spouse open work permit) when I land since I am eligible to apply. My question is

1. How long should I wait to send in my application?

2. Can anyone provide me with documents I would need to submit to ensure my application is approved?

Also regarding my daughter who is 20 months old... can i apply for a visitor record when I land or how long should I wait?

Thanks

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi all I have received passport request today ,but here i m confused my husband bowp is already expired in May and he applied for work permit extension in Feb and they send me passport request . I don't know on which base they issued passport request. My timeline
Applied spouse open work permit October 2019,
AdR jan 2020 ,adr sep 2021
Refused , hired lawyer and its determined jan 2022
And now passport request today

uaa

Star Member
Mar 13, 2022
Hi all I have received passport request today ,but here i m confused my husband bowp is already expired in May and he applied for work permit extension in Feb and they send me passport request . I don't know on which base they issued passport request. My timeline
Hi Rania,
Can you please tell me if you reapplied SOWP in Jan 2022? What's the timeline for that

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Congratulations.

Reactions: Rania Khan

Rania Khan

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi Rania,
Can you please tell me if you reapplied SOWP in Jan 2022? What's the timeline for that
No I didn't reapplied its ,redetermination on.same work permit , but now they are taking almost 5 to 6 months for Pakistan , now sowp result is faster than last year.depend your visa office ,mine is poland