+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some questions after researching

badben25

Mar 25, 2018
Hello all,

I have been researching and I am interested in applying for Express Entry again after trying once back in 2015. But I had some questions before I began:

1- In what ways would my older EE application be relevant with a new one? Are there cross checks? Could some data clash?

2- Currently I am studying for a Masters that is close to finishing (final thesis is awaiting examination), but I have not technically graduated. Will I still be able to apply as a Masters graduate, or do I have to wait until I actually get the degree in hand before I apply?

3- How l long is a WES ECA report valid? I have one from 2015 for my bachelors degree.

4- Once I get my masters degree, assuming my previous ECA report is still valid, does the new report have to be done for just the masters degree or both degrees?

5- I also have an okay amount of work experience but majority of it was part-time or freelance. Does this count towards EE? If yes, how is that done?

6- As far as I know, if I am selected from the pool I will be asked to get some documents from my past employers to verify my work experience. What are these documents usually? How can this be done for part-time/freelance? What if one of my past supervisors/managers has moved to a different company now?
I would also appreciate feedback from someone who has already gone through this successfully.

7- I understand that I also have to show some required funds and a 6 month bank history. Is there anything particular about this that I should know? Should the bank account show the minimum required amount for each month's statement across all 6 months?

If there's anything unclear, or if I need to give more info, please let me know.
Thanks in advance!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1. Did you get ITA with your old profile? If you just created profile and dint go further into the process then it's not relevant to the new one you create now.

2. Yes you have to wait till you ahve master's degree in hand.

3. Yes, your old ECA should be valid.

4. Yes, get it done for just masters.

5. According to cic if you cannot show full time work experience then it has to be equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours).
You will find some threads on how to show part time/freelance experience. I'm not too sure about the details.

6. Again...try to find information on this on threads related to part time and freelance work.

7. This is pretty straight forward. Prove that you have the required funds with bank letter stating 6 months balance. No the amount doesn't have to show minimum required balance in all 6 months. If you are saving money towards it each month then the last month can have the minimum required balance. IRCC just wants to ensure that the funds were not loaned or borrowed.

Reactions: badben25