+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Some questions about the PR card renew application.

Sherrytian

Nov 9, 2014
So I am currently working on my application form to renew the PR card, I have few question right now and I would appreciate if any one can give me answers.

1.Place you became a permanent resident of Canada? City/Port of Entry: Province:
Where should I find the answer?

2.For the address history. So the first three day after we landed, we lived in my friends house, does that address count? Should I also write it in the application form?

3.For section F, we are asked to sign our name, date, city and province. If I am writing this application in China, the city and province should be China or Canada?

Appreciate if any one could help :)

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1) Find the answer in your landing paper! You can look up a map to figure out which province the city/port of entry locates.
2) Skip your friend's address;
3) Canada - the application must be originate from Canada!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It should say on your PR card in which city you landed on the back. It also has your landing date.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
You may even REMEMBER where and when you landed.. for most people this is an important event in their lives..

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do you not remember where you landed? Find your immigrant visa and see the stamp next to it, it may show the port of entry. COPR also normally shows a code of the port of entry you landed in. Call CIC and give them that code, they should know.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Hi my port of landing on COPR is Alberta, but I landed in Toronto, now what port of entry do I need to write in PR renewal application?

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Hi team.

I have few questions regarding PR Card renewal form. Please help me out in this :

1. In Q20 (Work and Education History), If we are self Employed, what details do we need to provide for self-employment? Do we really want to attach the income tax filed for our incorporation to CRA or any documents we got from Industry Canada after registering our incorporation.? I have a registered Incorporation but I never worked for that one. I always file zero income tax for my incorporation since its incorporated 3 years back.

2. I am working currently from the last 4 years. But in these 4 years i went to my home country for 5 days. Do I need to disclose in work and education history that i remained in my home country as UNEMPLOYED for 5 days ?

Please reply. Thanks and regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi team.

I have few questions regarding PR Card renewal form. Please help me out in this :

1. In Q20 (Work and Education History), If we are self Employed, what details do we need to provide for self-employment? Do we really want to attach the income tax filed for our incorporation to CRA or any documents we got from Industry Canada after registering our incorporation.? I have a registered Incorporation but I never worked for that one. I always file zero income tax for my incorporation since its incorporated 3 years back.

2. I am working currently from the last 4 years. But in these 4 years i went to my home country for 5 days. Do I need to disclose in work and education history that i remained in my home country as UNEMPLOYED for 5 days ?

Please reply. Thanks and regards
Do you have multiple companies? If you only have one company that has zero income and you are self-employed that means you have zero income.

The 5 day trip is considered a vacation from your job not unemployment.

Reactions: sunny soni

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Do you have multiple companies? If you only have one company that has zero income and you are self-employed that means you have zero income.

The 5 day trip is considered a vacation from your job not unemployment.
Hi canuck78
Thank you very much for ur reply. Please one more question. I have worked from november 2015 till november 2016. In this time, i stayed in my home country for 5 months and 3 weeks. But wen i left the company they give me experience letter which clearly mentions that i worked with them for 1 year.
Should i fill those 5 months and 3 weeks as unemployed in pr card renewal form in work and education history. Please advise.
Thanks and regards

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuck78
Thank you very much for ur reply. Please one more question. I have worked from november 2015 till november 2016. In this time, i stayed in my home country for 5 months and 3 weeks. But wen i left the company they give me experience letter which clearly mentions that i worked with them for 1 year.
Should i fill those 5 months and 3 weeks as unemployed in pr card renewal form in work and education history. Please advise.
Thanks and regards
Were you working for that 1 year and have proof that you were working remotely like pay stubs? If you were not working then you were unemployed.

Reactions: sunny soni

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my port of landing on COPR is Alberta, but I landed in Toronto, now what port of entry do I need to write in PR renewal application?
Toronto - No doubt. You can check this on the back side of your PR card.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
Toronto - No doubt. You can check this on the back side of your PR card.
Sorry that was a stupid question infact I was mixing it with the initial port of entry selected before landing, I realize later that it ment the port stamp done by CBSA.
Thanks for your input though

Reactions: visa_4all

niksp2019

Aug 28, 2019
I had a question...i came here through the Quebec Skilled Worker program. Is there a requirement that in order to renew & maintain permanent residency status (while residing anywhere in Canada), one has to at maintain at least 2/5 years in Quebec itself?. I already spent little more than 10 months in montreal before shifting to toronto.

Any advice or guidance on this matter is really appreciated.

sunny soni

Oct 7, 2019
Respected Experts.
I wen to my home country in 2018. I have my flight at 12:30 AM. On that day, I remained in Canada for 30 minutes. Will these 30 minutes will be counted as a full day of my presence in Canada ? and wen I landed in Canada it was 7:30 PM evening. Will this day also be counted as 1 full day in Canada. Please reply.
Thanks