+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Soft landing CBSA officer question

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Hi all
I applied for my citizenship application a couple of days ago
There is something that is worrying me a lot and I remembered it now

When I soft landed in 2019 the CBSA officer as part of the questions asked how many days are you staying in Canada or something of that sort and I remember answering that I am a new immigrant landing eventhough I was soft landing and stayed in Canada for 20 days only
Will that cause any issues in my application and be seen as misrepresentation?

I am panicking here

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi all
I applied for my citizenship application a couple of days ago
There is something that is worrying me a lot and I remembered it now

When I soft landed in 2019 the CBSA officer as part of the questions asked how many days are you staying in Canada or something of that sort and I remember answering that I am a new immigrant landing eventhough I was soft landing and stayed in Canada for 20 days only
Will that cause any issues in my application and be seen as misrepresentation?

I am panicking here
No. It's just a normal conversation you had which has no bearing on your citizenship application.

Ohcanada!!

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
No. It's just a normal conversation you had which has no bearing on your citizenship application.
Thanks for answering my question
This was with the officer who inspected the visa not the CoPR dont they log all the answers to these questions?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for answering my question
This was with the officer who inspected the visa not the CoPR dont they log all the answers to these questions?
You have unlimited entry and exit under PR. So it's your choice when you want to leave Canada after entering.