+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Social Insurance Number

T_S_C

Nov 6, 2019
Can someone help me with the process for SIN? It seems like the service centers that accept these applications in person are closed. But the online application portal also does not seem to be working. How is one supposed to get an SIN in such a situation?
I find it too risky to mail them my original documents by post. Especially since they also say on the website that they won't be responsible for lost documents

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
Can someone help me with the process for SIN? It seems like the service centers that accept these applications in person are closed. But the online application portal also does not seem to be working. How is one supposed to get an SIN in such a situation?
I find it too risky to mail them my original documents by post. Especially since they also say on the website that they won't be responsible for lost documents
They started online applications a week ago.

T_S_C

Nov 6, 2019
It says this right now on the website -
"Please be advised that this service is currently unavailable and we are working on resolving this issue. However, we are still accepting applications by mail.
We apologize for any inconvenience."
So they are not doing the online applications anymore

winterisnotcoming

Star Member
Mar 30, 2019
It says this right now on the website -
"Please be advised that this service is currently unavailable and we are working on resolving this issue. However, we are still accepting applications by mail.
We apologize for any inconvenience."
So they are not doing the online applications anymore
Apologies man, you are right. Looks like they took down the link. I was able to submit it 10 days ago