+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Single applicant for PNP - Married for Federal

Thilak14

Nov 27, 2023
I have my a job approval letter from my employer for PNP. Currently my marital status is single but I will be married in couple months.
Can I apply for PNP as a single applicant and then include my partner info for Federal, with marriage certificate.
Will there be any issues when I include my partner for federal, since I get PNP points as a single applicant ?
Kindly help and share info.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I have my a job approval letter from my employer for PNP. Currently my marital status is single but I will be married in couple months.
Can I apply for PNP as a single applicant and then include my partner info for Federal, with marriage certificate.
Will there be any issues when I include my partner for federal, since I get PNP points as a single applicant ?
yes, you can marry later. People even marry after getting their ITA, their AOR, or even PPR. As you've PNP, I assume you'll be getting 600 PNP points, adding another spouse will barely lower your score. As long as you meet the cutoff score for your ITA(which you easily with 600 points), you'll be fine.

Reactions: Thilak14

Thilak14

Nov 27, 2023
Hi, Thank you for the info.
Will she be eligible for PR when I include her info for federal with proper paper work?

sanyaak

Feb 17, 2024
How did you go about your application?Im in the same situation. I was suppsoed to get married in march but i received a pnp NOI last week(my ee profile was as a single applicant). Please guide me on if i can add my spouse after i receive the pnp nomination.

Thilak14

Nov 27, 2023
Hi Sanyaak, Hope you have valid work permit, that gives you enough time to go get married and come back. Get all the documents (Marriage certificate) ready for both of you and apply. The process is same, your just adding your spouse while applying for federal and provide all of her info, just like how you do for yourself.