+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

singapore passport

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
I have a singapore passport and am a Canadian PR holder.
I will be moving to vancouver in June
Once I am in Vancouver and if I want to go to toronto, do I still use back singapore passport to travel from one state to another.
Do I need to apply for a canadian passport?

Thanks

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

I do not think you need a Passport to travel within Canada. Your DL should be enough for Air Travel, if required (And you cannot apply for a Canadian Passport if you are not a Canadian Citizen...)

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

DL - Driving License

Or any Government issued photo ID (like PR Card) should be OK. Your Singapore Passport will also do...

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
hi, so all i need to travel from one province to another eg vancouver to toronto is my PR card and singapore passport?
so as long as I am a PR, i will continue to use my singapore passport?

vancouver_guy

May 16, 2012
There is no requirement for identification when travelling between provinces in Canada, so you do not need any identification generally speaking.

However, if you are travelling by plane then there is a requirement that all passangers provide photo identification as part of security screening. There are no border or customs checks that occurs between flights within Canada.

Identification that is typically used is government issued ID such as; provincial drivers license; valid passport (from any country); PR card etc.

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

Your quote:
hi, so all i need to travel from one province to another eg vancouver to toronto is my PR card and singapore passport?
so as long as I am a PR, i will continue to use my singapore passport?

PR Card itself is a valid Photo ID Card. Passssport may not be required.
A Driving License is always good as an ID

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
thanks

i will be coming over to vancouver in June to settle down
Will be carrying 2 big luggages
will my luggages be checked
other than using my singapore passport, am I required to tell the customs that I am a PR holder and show my PR card?

Thanks

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi

Luggage checking - Yes..As a normal process..
You will be required to show your PR card. That is your Visa equivalent to enter Canada..
(I assume you are already a landed immigrant)

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
i landed for a short period of time and then went back to my hometown, didnt step into canada ever since.
Before my singapore passport expires, I have to come back to Singapore to renew it in order to continue using it if i am flying eg from canada to australia or canada to singapore?

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
Hi
An expired passport is always risky.

To enter Canada, you need valid PR Card. An unexpired Passport may be required to fly out of your source location.
If you are already in Canada, you can always renew your Passport here with your Consulate (with some restrictions). Just to renew your Passport there is no need for you to fly to Singapore.

Keithcjk

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
hi manian

didnt know that i can renew my singapore passport in canada
it would be like the singapore high commission, something like that right?
Thanks