+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Singapore office! Vietnamese wife! Anxious!

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
Hello everyone, Im a canadian citizen (born in Vietnam) and are now in the process of sponsoring my wife who is a vietnamese in the city of Haiphong North Vietnam!
It has been a while and yet no news from Singapore, so Im getting very anxious and it's heart broken to see my wife on the webcam each day and without any encouraging news to cheer her up. I have seen some people that had to deal with the Singapore office here, so I would like to have some input about the timeline and what should I expect. Here is my timeline so far:

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

Application Filed: 17 Feb 2009
AOR Received Date: 16 Mar 2009
Sponsorship Approved and in process starting from: 24 Mar 2009

My wife din't do the medical exam and some people adviced us to wait until Singapore ask us to do so. I wonder if my wife can just go to the designated doctor in Hanoi, and passed the medical exam and somehow send it to Singapore to speed up the process? Any thought about this guys?

We are now the 18 August and still no news at all from Singapore. I know that if we count from the days they started processing the file till now, it is almost 5 months, but if I look at other's case, I can see some already received good news.
Im not sure if I need some encouragement right now, or just any news from Singapore, but my moral is terrible low. If any of you have any advice or input, please do so.

Thank you!

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
Hi Anshtar,

Did you try contacting your MP who can find out what's going on.
Another option ordering CAIPS NOTES. IT will take about 6 weeks but at least you will have kind of an idea what's going on.
Last option case Enquiry to the visa office abroad.
Did you receive any AOR from the visa office abroad?
I know it's hard but try to work on all the different options that I provided you with.
Good luck and hope you receive some good news!

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
Thank you for your input Marlena!
I contacted my MP in may and she helped me by asking information from Singapore. Since it was too early, there was no other informations that I do not already know. My MP told me to give her a call again in September if we haven't got any news from Singapore. So Im sure that Singapore got our file, but other then that, the only notice I got from immigration is when they send me a mail, informing me that Im ok to sponsor my wife and that they have send all my documents to Singapore!

Anyone have any advice concerning the medical exam? Should my wife do it now without Singapore order, or wait for Singapore to ask us?

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
The medical exam is good for one year. My husband sent everything with the application but I'm not sure if the procedure in Singapore they have to requested first???
Can you contact CIC-M and ask them if you can do the medical exam without their request especially when they are going to ask you for it later will and you don't want to delay anything right!!!

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anhstar said:
Hello everyone, Im a canadian citizen (born in Vietnam) and are now in the process of sponsoring my wife who is a vietnamese in the city of Haiphong North Vietnam!
It has been a while and yet no news from Singapore, so Im getting very anxious and it's heart broken to see my wife on the webcam each day and without any encouraging news to cheer her up. I have seen some people that had to deal with the Singapore office here, so I would like to have some input about the timeline and what should I expect. Here is my timeline so far:

trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class

Application Filed: 17 Feb 2009
AOR Received Date: 16 Mar 2009
Sponsorship Approved and in process starting from: 24 Mar 2009

My wife din't do the medical exam and some people adviced us to wait until Singapore ask us to do so. I wonder if my wife can just go to the designated doctor in Hanoi, and passed the medical exam and somehow send it to Singapore to speed up the process? Any thought about this guys?

We are now the 18 August and still no news at all from Singapore. I know that if we count from the days they started processing the file till now, it is almost 5 months, but if I look at other's case, I can see some already received good news.
Im not sure if I need some encouragement right now, or just any news from Singapore, but my moral is terrible low. If any of you have any advice or input, please do so.

Thank you!
Who advised not take medical exam when it is OBVIOUSLY explained in the guide specified for Vietnam region that APPLICANT HAS TO TAKE MEDICAL EXAM AND SEND IT ALONG WITH THE APPLICATION.

I read your post on the Singapore office thread that I created and wonder why you did not even ask some Vietnamese people here earlier. Anyway, I hope it is not too late. Let me know if I can provide you with some info.

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
Thank you in your interest guys!
nguyentu2001! So your wife went to :
Bruno Wauters
Hanoi Family Medical Practice,,
298 I Kim Ma Road, Ba Dinh District,,

and had a medical exams? The doctor there din't ask for any instruction from Singapore? If the doctor would do the exams without any instructions from Singapore, then maybe my wife should have one and send to Singapore to shorten the delay.
nguyentu2001, I don't know if you check your inbox here, but is it possible for me to contact you via email to ask some more questions? It would be a huge help since our wife are in the same situation and you're are already done. Thank you in advance! My email: anhstar@gmail.com

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes that's the one my wife went to.

The doctor does not have anything to do with your immigration appplication, they don't need instruction from any offfice. You can just go there, have medical exam done and they will you a FORM (don't remember the name).......but you once you get this form, you will have to send it to CIC Singapore.....since you are late in submitting this medical report, you will need to address your Immigration number so CIC Sing would know to update your application.

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
The medical form for your spouse can be found in the application package (you may download from CIC's website). Call the designated doctor's office and ask them what do they require to perform your wife's medical for Canada immigration. For example, your spouse has to take photographs, passport, doctor's fee, the medical form etc. with her. In my case I filled in the medical form by myself and mentioned the visa office Singapore on that. I took it with me to the designated doctor's office and they took care of it.

Make sure that your wife confirms a courier delivery (Fedex, DHL, UPS) of her reports to Singapore. That will help you to track the delivery.
Keep a photocopy of the medical confirmation form (copy 2). This copy 2 is supposed to be submitted with the application. As you are late you have to mention your file number, her full name, date of birth and country. These will help CIC to identify her file and update it with medical reports.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
habib890 said:
The medical form for your spouse can be found in the application package (you may download from CIC's website). Call the designated doctor's office and ask them what do they require to perform your wife's medical for Canada immigration. For example, your spouse has to take photographs, passport, doctor's fee, the medical form etc. with her. In my case I filled in the medical form by myself and mentioned the visa office Singapore on that. I took it with me to the designated doctor's office and they took care of it.

Make sure that your wife confirms a courier delivery (Fedex, DHL, UPS) of her reports to Singapore. That will help you to track the delivery.
Keep a photocopy of the medical confirmation form (copy 2). This copy 2 is supposed to be submitted with the application. As you are late you have to mention your file number, her full name, date of birth and country. These will help CIC to identify her file and update it with medical reports.
yes, pls make sure you call to make an appointment. They will need your wife to pay in cash (in us dollars)