10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi guys,

Anybody here lived in Singapore and request for a COC lately? I have submitted my documents 1 month ago and when I inquired via email if it's already ready, I was told it will be ready by this week and I'll get the tracking number this week.I sent an email but I haven't got a reply from them since Monday.

If I can't meet the 60 days deadline from CIC to submit all my PCC, can I just send them the PCC from other countries that I have been and the Singapore to follow? ???

Looking for inputs guys.

Thanks

sangu123

Jun 3, 2013
Hey.

I was in the same situation few months back. I lived in singapore for 9 months back back in 2010. I applied for COC in last week of november. I got my COC only on the last week of feb. And it says that they received the application only on 9th of January, 2014. They wasted atleast my 3 months. They misplaced my application for sure for the first time. I called up so many times. Only then they could trace my application and pushed it further for processing. I was to tired calling to all those numbers. No one responds. If you know someone in Singapore ask them to enquire once. I have few numbers to reach them which I will give you later (I am in office now). +65 6557 3985 is one number to reach them. Keep calling. One lady will answer once in a blue moon asking "How can I help you laaaaa"...lol...
Email me at sangamesh18@gmail.com if you have more questions.Yes you can submit other PCC's if you have it. I did the same. I took almost 4 months to send my COC from singapore. It wont be an issue. Do not worry.

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
sangu123 said:
Hey.

I was in the same situation few months back. I lived in singapore for 9 months back back in 2010. I applied for COC in last week of november. I got my COC only on the last week of feb. And it says that they received the application only on 9th of January, 2014. They wasted atleast my 3 months. They misplaced my application for sure for the first time. I called up so many times. Only then they could trace my application and pushed it further for processing. I was to tired calling to all those numbers. No one responds. If you know someone in Singapore ask them to enquire once. I have few numbers to reach them which I will give you later (I am in office now). +65 6557 3985 is one number to reach them. Keep calling. One lady will answer once in a blue moon asking "How can I help you laaaaa"...lol...
Email me at sangamesh18 @ gmail.com if you have more questions.Yes you can submit other PCC's if you have it. I did the same. I took almost 4 months to send my COC from singapore. It wont be an issue. Do not worry.
Hi Sangu 123,

Thanks for the reply.they did reply to me a couple of times and assured that the coc is received and on process.I have lived in Singapore for almost 5 years and when I left Singapore for Canada, my coc in Canada took me almost 1 month as well.but then the Canadian embassy did not set a deadline and sending it to the embassy only took few days.I got a friend in BC who took his coc in Singapore and it took him a month also to get it but that was nearly 2 yrs ago so I would like to check for the most recent.
I'll check the number you gave and hoping this week they can send me the tracking number.

Thanks again :)

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
I wonder why guys from Singapore immigrate to canada.
Candid reponses are welcome. Many think Singapore is a better place to be.

Regards

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
cec14 said:

Regards
Yes Singapore is a really nice place to settle in, very organized and efficient.But getting a residency approved is really tough.I have applied PR and in 5 days I got the rejection letter.I work as a manager in a well known brand and even backed up by my company.I heard that now if the ratio of Singaporeans and foreign workers are not met in a company, they would immediately give the foreign workers a 2 week notice to look for another job or go back to their home country even if the work permit is still valid.Because of this getting a job also is difficult for foreign workers.

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
Just collected my COC 10mins ago.Submitted and collected in person, took total 10 working days and 45mins of waiting time each.

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi again Sangu123,

I have called up the number you stated and at last somebody picked up.I was informed that my coc was sent yesterday.She told me that it was sent to Sydney NS but on their email they said it will be sent to my residential address but she confirmed that it was sent to Sydney.I asked for the tracking but she said she dont have it at the moment so she just asked me to email an inquiry and they will send the trackuping number via email.She seems to be in a rush as she even said they are currently processing more than 150 coc.
thank you for the number you gave it has been useful.
+1 for you :)

sangu123

Jun 3, 2013
Hi Man415,

Glad it was of some help. They sent COC to my residential address. I had to send it to CIC centre. So check your post box as they might have sent to your add. Give a call again at some other time... She will give you the tracking number:) It takes about 2 weeks to get it.

sangu123

Jun 3, 2013
cec14 said:

Regards
I personally liked singapore. I had my own reasons to move to Canada. It all depends on your personal choices and circumstances. Both are great countries to settle down. I felt like home at singapore. But it is so difficult to get a car. Even if you manage to get a car by paying such a huge tax there is not much to explore.

Man415

Jul 25, 2011
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
AOR Received.
10-02-2014
Med's Request
10-02-14
Med's Done....
04-03-2014
Passport Req..
20-11-2014
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi Sangu123

I were able to get hold of them at the number that was posted on the website.I have asked for the tracking number.As per Singpost it would take 6-9 days.I just signed up for the email notification so I would know if reaches it's destination.

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011
Nomination.....
20-08-2011
AOR Received.
23-11-2011
IELTS Request
Waived
File Transfer...
N\A
Med's Request
06-03-2014
Med's Done....
14-03-2014
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
06-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent on 28-03-2014, VISA issued 16-06-2014
LANDED..........
Calgary here I come!!
I'm from Singapore, born here in Singapore. It's getting way too overcrowded. We are having good jobs in Singapore that is paying us pretty well but cost of living is pretty high and the fact that the government doesn't looks out for their people is an issue of concern. It doesn't feel like your own country anymore. High housing prices and car prices will end up as lifetime of debt and loan. Yes, food is cheap in Singapore but that's just it. The air isn't fresh as it used to be with the haze, space is a luxury here, it's a sinking ship.... U end up in a shoebox apartment that cost at least half a million and a car that cost $100000 that needs to be renewed every 10years. Tax is low but u don't get much from the government either. To allow competitiveness, there's no minimum wage so someone could actually earn $4/hr which is ridiculous. Of course, there is the usual ranting of national service for all guys for 2 years. It's conscripted army which after 2 years of serving in the army, you are suppose to report back to the army for 1-2 weeks every year for the next 10 years. Singapore is lovely as a tourist, it's clean safe and high tech. But you got to be living in Singapore before you see the real picture. There is a saying that "Singapore gives out pr like toilet paper" , so it's pretty much fast and easy to get pr in Singapore.

bappiislan

Star Member
Oct 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
28-07-2011
AOR Received.
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
24-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-03-2014, Medical results have been received 04.04.2014
Passport Req..
08-05-2014, and sent to singapore via VFS on 08-05-2014. SGVO received 14-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
hoping soon
LANDED..........
hoping soon
kaisin82 said:
I'm from Singapore, born here in Singapore. It's getting way too overcrowded. We are having good jobs in Singapore that is paying us pretty well but cost of living is pretty high and the fact that the government doesn't looks out for their people is an issue of concern. It doesn't feel like your own country anymore. High housing prices and car prices will end up as lifetime of debt and loan. Yes, food is cheap in Singapore but that's just it. The air isn't fresh as it used to be with the haze, space is a luxury here, it's a sinking ship.... U end up in a shoebox apartment that cost at least half a million and a car that cost $100000 that needs to be renewed every 10years. Tax is low but u don't get much from the government either. To allow competitiveness, there's no minimum wage so someone could actually earn $4/hr which is ridiculous. Of course, there is the usual ranting of national service for all guys for 2 years. It's conscripted army which after 2 years of serving in the army, you are suppose to report back to the army for 1-2 weeks every year for the next 10 years. Singapore is lovely as a tourist, it's clean safe and high tech. But you got to be living in Singapore before you see the real picture. There is a saying that "Singapore gives out pr like toilet paper" , so it's pretty much fast and easy to get pr in Singapore.
yeah bro we all are in same situations, thats why we want to migrate others, hope almighty will help us,

TTL

Star Member
Jan 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
06-05-2013
Med's Request
07-02-2014
Passport Req..
07-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent 04042014, returned on 20052014
LANDED..........
22-05-2014
kaisin82 said:
Hello fellow Singaporean,

Have you found a job in Canada?

kaisin82

Mar 20, 2011
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2011