Signing and labelling

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Tarantino said:
talk about giving me a heart attack
Tarantino

Calm down Tarantino, This talk is nothing to compared to the process you are waiting for,
anyway Hope everything goes well for you

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
Im applying outland through London. Im British, my partner is Canadian. I only thought we had to get the declaration of common law notarized and the letters from friends and family? It doesnt state that copies of our passports need to be notarized. And also, I cannot get a birth certificate notarized. I have the copy here in Canada, my birth cert is in the UK ...

I thought it was just the letters yeah?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Gary_87 said:
Im applying outland through London. Im British, my partner is Canadian. I only thought we had to get the declaration of common law notarized and the letters from friends and family? It doesnt state that copies of our passports need to be notarized. And also, I cannot get a birth certificate notarized. I have the copy here in Canada, my birth cert is in the UK ...

I thought it was just the letters yeah?
Yes, it is just the 2 letters that need to be certified. Ignore Camelboy's post saying that ALL COPIES MUST be certified, that is completely wrong. Plain photocopies of passports, birth certificates etc is perfectly acceptable :)

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Tarantino said:
talk about giving me a heart attack
Lol sorry :p Wasn't sure which class you were applying through... should have mentioned was for common-law!

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Camelboy said:
What i know is a previous experience of my cuzin who applied via Nairobi office, which they asked for certified copy of marriage certfiicate,
may be this is office dependant, for such regions were the fraud is high,
I am currently working on my application and doing all certified
I think you are right that from offices where there are high fraud rates, or if fraud is suspected in a particular application... notarized photocopies of general documents may be requested during processing. However if CIC was really worried about fudged photocopies in general and wanted certified copies of all these things, they would state so up-front in the requirements. The scenarios where the visa offices actually ask people to re-submit certified copies even through they weren't required... is most likely quite rare and not the norm. If you are applying from a wealthier nation (USA, UK, Australia, etc), i wouldn't worry about it at all.