+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Sibling Details Issue - Pls suggest

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Hi Experts,

I have a query. My wife's sister is based in Canada and is now a Citizen. But, we are not claiming points for that (Do not have Birth Certificate etc. to submit). I received my ITA. The issue is that when filling in my Wife's FAMILY DETAILS, if we enter her sister's details showing her to be in Canada, the system automatically adds 15 points and will subsequently ask us to upload supporting documents. What is the way out? We cannot skip entering her details either nor can we show her to be residing in India as that will be incorrect information. Please suggest.
Thanks.

Regards

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi Experts,

I have a query. My wife's sister is based in Canada and is now a Citizen. But, we are not claiming points for that (Do not have Birth Certificate etc. to submit). I received my ITA. The issue is that when filling in my Wife's FAMILY DETAILS, if we enter her sister's details showing her to be in Canada, the system automatically adds 15 points and will subsequently ask us to upload supporting documents. What is the way out? We cannot skip entering her details either nor can we show her to be residing in India as that will be incorrect information. Please suggest.
Thanks.

Regards
Fill the right information. If granted the points and requested for any documentation, then simply upload a letter indicating you do not intend to claim those points as you are unable to gather the required documentation.

As long as the score doesn't fall below the cutoff for your round of invitation this should not be a problem

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
Fill the right information. If granted the points and requested for any documentation, then simply upload a letter indicating you do not intend to claim those points as you are unable to gather the required documentation.

As long as the score doesn't fall below the cutoff for your round of invitation this should not be a problem
Showing the sister in Canada shoots up the score by 15 points (score does not falls) and the application will also ask for Proofs for Sister Relationship under 3 different categories.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Showing the sister in Canada shoots up the score by 15 points (score does not falls) and the application will also ask for Proofs for Sister Relationship under 3 different categories.
I think you are not understanding.

Yes, it will ask you for the documentation, if you can't provide it you have two options.

1. Answer 'NO' to the question, whether you or your spouse have a sibling who is a Canadian PR or Citizen.
2. Answer 'YES' to this question. Since you are saying you can't obtain the documents to prove this, you can upload a letter indicating that you do not have access to this document and will be unable to support this. This means you will see your CRS scored decrease by 15 points. As long as this -15 points doesn;t bring your score below the cut-off for the round of invitations when you were invited, you should have no problem

Reactions: AMC1985

AMC1985

Star Member
May 4, 2020
I think you are not understanding.

Yes, it will ask you for the documentation, if you can't provide it you have two options.

1. Answer 'NO' to the question, whether you or your spouse have a sibling who is a Canadian PR or Citizen.
2. Answer 'YES' to this question. Since you are saying you can't obtain the documents to prove this, you can upload a letter indicating that you do not have access to this document and will be unable to support this. This means you will see your CRS scored decrease by 15 points. As long as this -15 points doesn;t bring your score below the cut-off for the round of invitations when you were invited, you should have no problem
I get what you are saying and I believe option 2 is what I will have to go forward with. But, just to clarify, my current CRS score is 464 at which I have received the ITA. The moment I enter the sister's location as 'Canada' while completing the FAMILY DETAILS section for my wife, the system recalculates my score and it goes up by 15 points to 479 and 3 HEADERS get added under my Wife's name for document submission. Now, I will have to put a LOE against all these 3 headers saying that I cannot produce the said documents, that is why I had not claimed the 15 points with my initial profile, so please do not give me the additional 15 point credit and consider my score as 464 instead of the new 479. I hope this is what you are suggesting. Thanks for your help with this, much appreciate!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
I get what you are saying and I believe option 2 is what I will have to go forward with. But, just to clarify, my current CRS score is 464 at which I have received the ITA. The moment I enter the sister's location as 'Canada' while completing the FAMILY DETAILS section for my wife, the system recalculates my score and it goes up by 15 points to 479 and 3 HEADERS get added under my Wife's name for document submission. Now, I will have to put a LOE against all these 3 headers saying that I cannot produce the said documents, that is why I had not claimed the 15 points with my initial profile, so please do not give me the additional 15 point credit and consider my score as 464 instead of the new 479. I hope this is what you are suggesting. Thanks for your help with this, much appreciate!
Just indicate you cannot provide the supporting documentation for X reason and that you do not intend to claim those 15 points. They'll simply deduct them back to the original score. Since you got the ITA with the original one, you'll have no issues.

Reactions: AMC1985