+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should you legalize documents at the Canadian Visa Office of your country?

Tempo

Jan 24, 2009
I am talking especifically for police certificates. The guide states that every applicant must present a police certificate from every country in which the applicant has lived for over 6 months. Since I will apply to the Canadian Visa Office at Buffalo, I will be requested to present these documents that basically are issued by the police departments or national security bureaus and alike. Once they are issued -and before bringing these documents to Canada- should they be passed and legalized at the Canadian Visa Offices of those countries? Once they arrive here, they will be translated by an official translator of the province werre the applicant lives.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Tempo said:
I am talking especifically for police certificates. The guide states that every applicant must present a police certificate from every country in which the applicant has lived for over 6 months. Since I will apply to the Canadian Visa Office at Buffalo, I will be requested to present these documents that basically are issued by the police departments or national security bureaus and alike. Once they are issued -and before bringing these documents to Canada- should they be passed and legalized at the Canadian Visa Offices of those countries? Once they arrive here, they will be translated by an official translator of the province werre the applicant lives.
1. You obtain the Police Certificates, if they are not in English or French then you submit it with an original certified translation. Then you include them in the application that you send to Immigration. They are not certified by Canadian Immigration in the countries where they were obtained.

PMM