+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I update the address of my PR application after entering Canada with temporary work permit ?

Nathan8

Jul 13, 2021
Hi all,

I got my Entry Express PR ITA for FSW-Outland (Belgium) with AOR on August 2020, Biometrics on September, Medical passed on October 2020. Nothing changed ever since.

In July 2021, I received a temporary work permit and entered Canada. I will start working in Quebec in a few weeks.

My questions :
1) Is the Canadian address legit considering that the work permit is temporary (14 months) ?
2) Should I update my address (with the Canadian one) in my PR application ?
3) Should my PR application address become a Canadian one, does it make my application an inland one ?
4) If yes, do you think it could be processed faster ?
5) Can my Quebec work permit jeopardise my (non-Quebec) PR application ? I planned to live in Ontario, but I fear that my new ties to Quebec could be seen as an intent to join Quebec via Entry Express...

Thanks for your help !

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the quick answer !!

Since you answered no to Q3, do you know what is the criteria to make an application Inland/Outland ? I thought it was the address...
Your question is a bit different, though, whether one can change the type after submitting, and I don't believe so.

wohaa!

Mar 5, 2020
Hi,

I am also in the same boat, where my PR application is in progress and my employer is filing for LMIA based work permit.

Did your move to Canada expedite your PR application?
Would really appreciate your response, thanks!