+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I rent an apartment for Getting my PR card ?

nimaoy

Aug 18, 2005
I am Iranian 24 years old girl and under my father entrepreneurship application and waiting for visa.

I want to know that when we get our visa and land, should we rent an apartment to get PR card Or we can give our friends mailing address temporally to Get our PR card and then renting an apartment?

Because I want to marry and so I want to land faster, get my PR card and then come back to Iran for wedding?

Thank you

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
You have to give an address where you will be permanently staying and cannot use a friend's address if you don't plan to live there for awhile but if you do live there, yes you can.

All proceedures take time and nothing will make it go faster. All applications are taken care of from the time received, so no it will not have you get your pr card faster.

Why not get married before coming to Canada and therefore have your husband apply. Getting married after, doesn't guarantee that immigration will accept your marriage. Many people think that automatically they can get married and then sponsor their spouses. Surprise, many have been refused because it looks like a fake wedding and just to get the person in Canada.

So if I were you I would see a lawyer if you already have one and ask his advice to be sure you are not going to get married after and be refused.

eria

Jan 22, 2007
This this is the best ever advicse you will get from anywhere. it will take long time to get PR card. and if you marry right now you can save that time and apply for him too, this is the right time for him to apply with you too.