saurabh54

Star Member
Nov 16, 2012
Toronto, ON
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
Hope all are in good help and would ne looking for your guidance to set my future.

I studied in Canada on Student visa and worked there for one year and applied under CEC and got my PR in 2016. Due to In and out of my family circumstances and due to COVID situation in last 2 years, i was only able to spent 234 in Canada, and again have to move back to India. My PR card just got expired on May 05, 2021 and definitely i don't meet the residency obligation. Moreover i'm not in Canada. I'm aware of the fact that PR doesn't expires only the card does.

Now have definite plans to move back to Canada in next 6 months and settle there and to secure my future, so looking my option to explore.

As per my understanding so far, possible options:
1.) Go to US and move to Canada by road and hope that they will not report it and i'm good to go. But doesn't sound feasible to me Although have a US travel Visa.

2.) Apply for PRTD under H&C and hope they approve it, and i move to Canada. Also has to pay hefty amount of fees to immigration lawyer to build a strong case.
Also need to know, if i got in Canada, how will i be able to get a new PR Card, or have to wait 2 years another and then apply, if thats the case, i wont be able travel out of Canada.

3.) Renounce my PR and apply for new one, i check my score - have 2 years of ex in Canada and 5 years outside Canada, it was 490 (using hypothetical my last time CELPIP score from 2014). and come under fedral skilled Worker class, Have to do a complete process again and is there any negative impact due to that, later on.

Best Regards
Saurabh

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Personally, I would go either route 2 or route 3, as both are the "legitimate" ways to enter Canada. Not sure which one would work for you best, but one thing I can say that the overarching rule is do not misrepresent your status to any IRCC officials. If they ask you your story, be 100% above board - this can bite you much later down the road if end up applying for citizenship.