+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I leave Canadian university while waiting PR?

Sahytq

Feb 21, 2018
Hello!

I got ITA lately and currently in process of getting my PR through express entry. My semester ends in April and I have to pay my tuition fees in April for the next semester. Since tuition for international students is very high, I want to leave university and return when I will have PR status. Therefore, I have few questions:

- Is it ok? Won't it be suspicious for CIC officer that I got a chance not to spend another 7000CAD and decided just save money?

- How long can I stay in Canada legally after I will withdraw from university?

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hello!

I got ITA lately and currently in process of getting my PR through express entry. My semester ends in April and I have to pay my tuition fees in April for the next semester. Since tuition for international students is very high, I want to leave university and return when I will have PR status. Therefore, I have few questions:

- Is it ok? Won't it be suspicious for CIC officer that I got a chance not to spend another 7000CAD and decided just save money?

- How long can I stay in Canada legally after I will withdraw from university?
You can try asking your school, but I believe some of them will refund a portion of your tuition once you get PR status. You can even try asking the international students' office of your school these same questions you asked. Alternatively, you're also better off posting this in the International Students section of this forum.