+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I include my old passport in the application, too?

Dream Big

Jul 28, 2015
Hey guys,

we are preparing our application, after receiving ITA in August. I recently changed my passport and I haven't traveled with it yet.

Should I include a copy of my old passport with the stamps of the travels, or is the new one sufficient? I'm thinking yes, but my husbands thinks not, since the old one is not valid anymore. I think, it's not about validity, but about proving that I traveled to places that I am claiming I did.

Has anyone been in a similar situation? Can someone help?

Please, advise.

Many thanks!!!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's not about what anyone thinks. What matters is what CIC needs from your end.

I imagine they explicitly ask for bio-data pages of the valid passport and that's pretty much it. If that's the case, upload just that. If CIC explicitly ask for proof of stamps/visas now or later, provide it in that section or at that time. Just follow the instructions on your personalized checklist.

All the best!

Dream Big

Jul 28, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

In the mean time I called the Call Centre, and was very happy with their service. The officer told me to include all the pages with the stamps included in the old passport, and the bio data page for the current passport.

One thing she also said: "When in doubt - provide more information. If not enough information is provided, you might get rejected. But, in case of more information, that will likely not happen. "

Cheers!