+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I be worried

srchaitanya

May 29, 2015
Hello all

I have found the following link about recession in Canada.

globalnews.ca/news/1826781/uncertainty-hangs-thick-over-canadas-job-market-this-year/

Is it going to affect only Oil related corporations or IT firms as well ?

next2015

Nov 18, 2014
Oil companies are pretty much going through a difficult time as you read this - thanks to the drop in oil prices. They've laid off a number of workers, and of course not hiring unless one has an incredibly special set of skills that are urgently required.

It's important to note, there is significant dependence on the oil sector in the areas/provinces where drilling happens. As a result, when the oil sector goes through a slump the other business sectors feel it too - less hiring. That said, the Canadian economy in general has not been firing on all cylinders so the job market is quite tough to breakthrough.

My advice? Be thorough in your prep for job hunting, you need all the help and info you can get to breakthrough. You can also visit the job boards to a get a feel of what employers in your sector are looking for. Jobbank.gc.ca , indeed.ca are a good place to start.

sambit_ip

Jun 16, 2015
TO know the QA JOb After my PR comes

Hello All,

Please guide me.

I am applying for a Canadian PR in Express entry system.[/b]
And I had 8+ Years of Manual & Automation (Selenium) experience in QA. So is it possible to get a job here sitting in INDIA and applying to the job site if I have Canadian PR.

Because I know many people whose PR comes also got job and then landed in Canada.

Please guide m.

justinline

May 19, 2009
srchaitanya said:
Hello all

I have found the following link about recession in Canada.

globalnews.ca/news/1826781/uncertainty-hangs-thick-over-canadas-job-market-this-year/

Is it going to affect only Oil related corporations or IT firms as well ?
We are really feeling the pinch here in Alberta because of low oil prices. Effect is trickling to other sectors of economy. We are seeing top to bottom layoffs in Calgary especially. If possible try avoiding Alberta for settling. Salary levels are also going down, when I compare to say Toronto or Vancouver, salary levels here are ......or should say were notch above. IT as whole is comci comsa, depends upon your focus area as well.

Hello All,

Please guide me.

I am applying for a Canadian PR in Express entry system.[/b]
And I had 8+ Years of Manual & Automation (Selenium) experience in QA. So is it possible to get a job here sitting in INDIA and applying to the job site if I have Canadian PR.

Because I know many people whose PR comes also got job and then landed in Canada.

Please guide m.
Get Canadian address and phone number and start applying. You can take atleast do the intial phone interviews sitting in India, but face to face is the norm here. I don't see a decent Canadian company
will ever roll out a full time offer just based on phone interview or skype. Companies here are very conservative in their approach, even for contracting they want to see the candidate.Yes there are few consultants and body shoppers who do give offer letter, but don't go that route its not worth it.