+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Should I add spouse before or after PNP PR?

cannie

Apr 10, 2012
I am in the process of applying for a provincial nomination (accumulating the required work experience). I want to get married and my fiancé is not in Canada right now. Should I get married first and include him in my PNP application as a spouse, or should I wait until I have PR status then sponsor him to immigrate as a family member?

Is there any difference in processing time or priority when I apply alone versus with a spouse? Will there be more hassle to include spouse in my PNP application?

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can do both. I was in the same predicament as you but I played it safe and I decided to wait till I get PR, land and then get married to sponsor my spouse. I recently got PR and will be sponsoring him soon.

If you add your spouse now to your PNP application, they will get PR same time as you. However, if for any reason your fiancee is inadmissible, this will affect your application also.

cannie

Apr 10, 2012
saka101 said:
You can do both. I was in the same predicament as you but I played it safe and I decided to wait till I get PR, land and then get married to sponsor my spouse. I recently got PR and will be sponsoring him soon.

If you add your spouse now to your PNP application, they will get PR same time as you. However, if for any reason your fiancee is inadmissible, this will affect your application also.
Thanks saka,

Inadmissible includes security and medical, correct?

Do I have to send them my wedding photos?

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cannie said:
Thanks saka,

Inadmissible includes security and medical, correct?

Do I have to send them my wedding photos?
Yes, security and medical.

If you are going to sponsor your spouse then you have to prove that your marriage is genuine. Wedding photos are one of the evidences that you can send.

I am not sure if you need to send wedding photos if you are adding them now. But you do have to send a marriage certificate.

jass_virgoan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
06-05-2012
AOR Received.
01-08-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-08-2012
Med's Done....
28-08-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
ALREADY IN CANADA
saka101 said:
Yes, security and medical.

If you are going to sponsor your spouse then you have to prove that your marriage is genuine. Wedding photos are one of the evidences that you can send.

I am not sure if you need to send wedding photos if you are adding them now. But you do have to send a marriage certificate.
Hi

Does the Marriage certificate from India needs to be attested from somewhere or its enough as it is ??

Thanks

Vancouvergirl

Apr 17, 2012
I was wondering, I would be getting my PR really soon, cause I already have a scheduled appointment with the Immigration. My fiance was let go by his job here in Canada. Would I be able to sponsor him right away if I married him as soon as I get my PR? Please help