+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Short Landing - Goods to follow

fayfeily

Star Member
Nov 24, 2014
Hi all,

I believe some people was asked this question many times but i want to check you guys with latest information.
I am going to do a short landing and just stay for few days in Montreal, beside the regular landing procedure like apply my PR card, SIN number etc.

Q1. I want to check am i going to stamp my "goods to follow list" in this first time landing ? (I will go back a year later). I read some people threads said stamp the goods to follow list in 2nd time when you decide to settle there but i am a bit confuse because this is not the first time landing so is this process still possible ??

Q2. Follow up on Q1, "goods to follow list" & "goods accompany list" are prepared by a general paper and provided to the custom ? Is it same as i just fill up BSF186 and BSF186a form ??

Q3. Is it possible i am going to do a driving writing test first ? as i know it require to wait for a year in order to obtain the driving license.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
There is no update from what you might have read

1. Your are a settler if you intend to stay for 180 days. Goods to follow etc happen for settlers. So whenever you move in with the intent to settle for over 180 days, you will be stamped then. Having a return ticket will help customs officer in making this determination.

2. Yes a general list is fine, search these forums for more precise answers on what all to include and what at what verbosity

3. Possible, check your province drive test rules for what proofs they accept for address/id proof and if you would have those. Also remember that assuming you get g1 license, you are technically no longer allowed to drive with your foreign license. Folks have reported mixed success with police.