+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shipping personal items to Canada by courier

theafjioman

Star Member
Aug 5, 2019
I am hoping to ship my personal items from the UK to Canada so that I can have my personal items out there when I get there. But every courier I am trying to send this through are saying that as part of the customs process, I have to declare everything in the box in an outrageous amount of detail. For example, I am being told that just listing that you have a men's shirt is not sufficient. It must say that it is a men's shirt which is 70% cotton and 30% polyester. It says that I am at risk of having trouble with customs if I don't do this correctly for every item. But I have all sorts of personal belongings in this box. Easily over 100 random bits and pieces. Does anyone else have any experience with shipping internationally to Canada? I can't help but think that I'm misunderstanding. There's no way I would be expected to write out all of these details for my used clothing, surely?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am hoping to ship my personal items from the UK to Canada so that I can have my personal items out there when I get there. But every courier I am trying to send this through are saying that as part of the customs process, I have to declare everything in the box in an outrageous amount of detail. For example, I am being told that just listing that you have a men's shirt is not sufficient. It must say that it is a men's shirt which is 70% cotton and 30% polyester. It says that I am at risk of having trouble with customs if I don't do this correctly for every item. But I have all sorts of personal belongings in this box. Easily over 100 random bits and pieces. Does anyone else have any experience with shipping internationally to Canada? I can't help but think that I'm misunderstanding. There's no way I would be expected to write out all of these details for my used clothing, surely?
I don't have experience on shipping clothes, however, wondered if it's easier to put them as part of your check-in or excess airline baggage and declare them upon arrival..