+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shifting to Canada with spouse

Mar 22, 2018
Hi,

My fiance has gone to Canada for studies in the month of Dec 2017. We are planning to get married next year please can you help me out with the procedure how can I go Canada with my wife ? Will I get the work permit ? How much time will it take us to get PR ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Assuming you are not common law then once you are married you could follow the process in the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/work/help-your-spouse-common-law-partner-work-canada.html

In the mean time you could apply for a visitor visa but that can be a challenge to get approved and only supports a limited stay. Plus no work rights on a visitor visa.

Unless you or your to be wife already qualify for PR you should maybe look at PR as a process that will take a few years to achieve impossible to be precise without knowing your current profile, qualifications, work experience.

How long is the course your to be wife is studying given she could apply for a PGWP once completed to gain Canadian work experience that helps with a PR application.