+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Shall I Renounce?

janz1111

Jan 30, 2010
Hello Experts,

My PR card expired last year. I want to apply again for Canada.
Shall I renounce my PR and apply fresh or is there any other way?

Thanks
J

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
janz1111 said:
Hello Experts,

My PR card expired last year. I want to apply again for Canada.
Shall I renounce my PR and apply fresh or is there any other way?

Thanks
J
only PR cards expire, PR status never expires so are you saying you did not meet the residency obligation, if so by how much did you fail ? Have you considered arriving via US land border, you may get reported you may not but whatever as a PR you would still be entitled to enter the country. If reported you could appeal if you have good reason to not have met residency, all still a risk to take versus renouncing when you might not qualify for PR again. Are you confident you meet the requirements to apply again ?

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
If you could meet the residence obligations and wanted to come by airline, then you have to apply for PRTD

Otherwise you best shot is crossing the US/Canada border by land on private vehicle or walking

To do that you will need US ETA or Visa, assuming you're not from a US banned country.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
I'd take my chances with crossing g then order from the US first if possible before arbitrarily renouncing. If you aren't reported, you e saved yourself a ton of effort that would go with reapplying.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
Buletruck said:
I'd take my chances with crossing g then order from the US first if possible before arbitrarily renouncing. If you aren't reported, you e saved yourself a ton of effort that would go with reapplying.
And if you're reported you'll have a chance to file a case by yourself if you could met the RO or have a strong H&C case