+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

several questions about hiring a foreign employee

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long and how (where - internet or print issues) we need to advertise a need for an employee in Canada before we can apply for the LMO?

Also, is it possible at all to hire two foreign employees at once?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

spaceraceone said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know how long and how (where - internet or print issues) we need to advertise a need for an employee in Canada before we can apply for the LMO?

Also, is it possible at all to hire two foreign employees at once?

Thanks

See: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/ You can apply for 2 LMOs.

mr_technician

Feb 1, 2013
employer should post an add on the job bank site
and after that apply online for the LMO

thats how i got the LMO

hope that will help

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
mr_technician said:
employer should post an add on the job bank site
and after that apply online for the LMO

thats how i got the LMO

hope that will help
Got it, thanks. How long do we have to run the ad before we apply for the LMO?

mr_technician

Feb 1, 2013
well it should be for 1 or 2 week in my case my employer 1st apply for LMO and then he posted the ad hahahah i know its funny but that worked for me but it is better to wait for few days atleast a week

RAJ_74

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Dear Spacerone,
These days you have to advertise minimum for 1 month on atleast 4 sites like job bank and 3 other free advertisement job sites.Also you have to pay 275 dollars at the time of LMO application.Be correct while making advertisement as it should clearly match your prospective employee work schedule/duties.Select correct NOC code.Yes u can hire 2 employees.Apply one by one.

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
RAJ_74 said:
Dear Spacerone,
These days you have to advertise minimum for 1 month on atleast 4 sites like job bank and 3 other free advertisement job sites.Also you have to pay 275 dollars at the time of LMO application.Be correct while making advertisement as it should clearly match your prospective employee work schedule/duties.Select correct NOC code.Yes u can hire 2 employees.Apply one by one.
Dear RAJ_74, thank you so much - very informative.

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
RAJ_74 said:
Dear Spacerone,
Another question though - we are not sure exactly about the salary we are willing to offer at this point - is there going to be a problem if our ad says a certain salary but we would be able to pay more once the employee is here - or less (for whatever reason). We have no intentions of changing it purposely, however circumstances might change. Same actually is for the hours per week - what if that becomes different? We want to start advertising but the salary range and the hours are still being discussed.

Thank you.

RAJ_74

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Dear spacerone,
First of all you have refer SERVICE CANADA SITE for salary issue.There you will get median salary range.May be you can add 25 cents to that salary(per hr basis) and mention that salary in AD and you have to mention same salary in your contract and offer letter.You can increase the salary at later date may be after 3 months but you cant pay him him less than what you agreed in AD.iF U do,and Service canada gets information about that then u will be banned for 2 years.Good luck.
Raj.