+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Service Canada denied issuing a SIN

mystical

Sep 15, 2019
I went to Westlink Edmonton today to get a SIN. I have with me a copy of my eCOPR and passport. The Agent told me that the barcode of eCOPR is short and does not conform to their standard. She said that it is a security feature. She asked me if I have a copy on my cellphone. I said yes and I showed it to her. She said it is really short. She is instructing me to go to Staples and have it printed in a legal size document. Please note that the eCOPR issued by IRCC was printed as it is without altering anything. Appreciate your comment/s here.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I went to Westlink Edmonton today to get a SIN. I have with me a copy of my eCOPR and passport. The Agent told me that the barcode of eCOPR is short and does not conform to their standard. She said that it is a security feature. She asked me if I have a copy on my cellphone. I said yes and I showed it to her. She said it is really short. She is instructing me to go to Staples and have it printed in a legal size document. Please note that the eCOPR issued by IRCC was printed as it is without altering anything. Appreciate your comment/s here.
Try getting printed as suggested, and if that doesn't work, contact IRCC. You can try through your MP in parallel.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Try another service Canada. One of my friend also faced some problem in one branch but visited another one where was guided properly and problem sorted. Some people are too lazy to just open their mouth and help.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
When did you get the virtual landing?