+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Serious matter's of anxieties

tamson

Oct 2, 2012
Hello all,

First of all let me introduce myself, I am a lawyer by training and almost at the end of the immigration process with my family, my Wife chemist by education is working as a pharmaceutical sales representative and we have four girls whose last is 9 months old.

I said that we were at the end of the process because we spent the Medical visits (we on 05/01/2012 and my last on 06.06.2012) logically we expect the final letter accepation and my E-case is still showing "in process" and the medical results have been received.

My concern are:

With regard to my arrival in Quebec, it is certain that I shall leave Canada after my arrival just after one month to return home in order to finish all the checkout and complete the last business while taking care to properly conduct the transition my company where I have a high responsibility. It is therefore likely that I could have the resident permit card before leaving.

Question: My wife will stay with the rest of the family , will it be possible for him to collect it and send it to me so that I can come back? precisely my wife is the principal applicant.

With regard to the procedure as said before, I spent my medical visit with other family members le 05/01/2012 and I'm still waiting, I guess the delay is due to the birth of my last girl and the need to add him to the record. That was made after receipt of the CSQ in June and the medical visit done and the additional fees paid. do you think I would have to repeat the visits and if this is the case, how long should I wait after knowing that additional visit us for the first expires early January 2013?? I would not want to do it again given the cost 6 people.

I count on your opinion and personal experiences to alleviate these doubts and anxieties and I also expect your advice or suggestions to manage this fateful wait.

Immigrate to a family of six is ​​not easy, but it is a gamble for the happiness of my children who are my reason to live and work in the country they do not have the m ^ me and even future possibilities and perspectives.

Yours

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is unlikely that you will have your PR card in a month but when your wife gets it in the mail, she can send it to you. The processing time is currently 61 calendar days or around 2 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-card.asp

Worst case scenario, if there is a problem with the PR card and it does not arrive by the time you want to get back, you have the following options:

1) if you are visa exempt, travel to Canada and when you arrive at the immigration desk, present them with your passport and landing papers and tell them you had to leave right after landing to take care of things.

2) If you are not visa exempt:
a) Apply for a PR travel document at the Canadian embassy nearest to where you are. Processing time could be several weeks, depends on the embassy
OR
b) Get a US visa, travel to the US, rent a car and drive across the Canadian border. As you enter, present them with your passport and landing papers and tell them you had to leave right after landing to take care of things.