+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

September 2022 Spousal Sponsorship OUTLAND (Paper/Online)

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
May I know PPR will come by email or other way ?
In the case of my wife's application, PPR came only on her GCKey. She received a notice by email telling her that a new message was waiting for her. I am her rep, but I received no email. The email looks like this:

A message about your application is waiting for you.

We sent you a message about your application to your account.

To read your message:

1. Sign in to your account.
2. Click Check full application status under View the applications you submitted.
3. Scroll down to the Messages about your application section.
4. Click on the Subject of the new message to read it.
I deleted the link that was in the box above. It takes you to the GCKey sign in page.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I'll add that I filed spousal sponsorship and PR application for my wife's sister on Dec. 14, 2022. I am their representative. She received her pre-arrival and PPR about 2 weeks before my wife, even though her application was filed 3 weeks later. Anyway, about same sequence and timing from Manila office. In the case of the sister, both she and I received email notice of message waiting.

A small oddity was that when the sister received her PPR request, on GCKey what was shown as a new message to read was described as a "Request Letter". Given that it was a PPR, that makes sense. In my wife's case, the "new message" she signed in to receive was described as an "Information Letter". But, it was identical in wording to sister's "Request Letter".

As for both sisters, neither one ever signed into GCKey or their tracker accounts. They found all the steps required too awkward on their phones. I set up and had access to GCKey and tracker for each of them.

farewellw

Star Member
Feb 20, 2021
Category........
FAM
I'll add that I filed spousal sponsorship and PR application for my wife's sister on Dec. 14, 2022. I am their representative. She received her pre-arrival and PPR about 2 weeks before my wife, even though her application was filed 3 weeks later. Anyway, about same sequence and timing from Manila office. In the case of the sister, both she and I received email notice of message waiting.

A small oddity was that when the sister received her PPR request, on GCKey what was shown as a new message to read was described as a "Request Letter". Given that it was a PPR, that makes sense. In my wife's case, the "new message" she signed in to receive was described as an "Information Letter". But, it was identical in wording to sister's "Request Letter".

As for both sisters, neither one ever signed into GCKey or their tracker accounts. They found all the steps required too awkward on their phones. I set up and had access to GCKey and tracker for each of them.
Thank you very much!! I wish your family a new and wonderful life in Canada!

Viktorija0714

Oct 27, 2023
Hello,
Is there anyone with Mexico VO? Any pattern how fast they process applications?
Our application is over suggested processing time and it has been in background verification in progress status for sometime, everything else is completed.

anything will help.

thank you!

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Hello everyone,

My husband and I applied for an Spousal PR in May of 2022. All is completed in the Tracker and the GCMS notes are also up to date, We received our pre arrival letter in August of 2023 and since then, it has been complete silence. Our VO is manila, outland. Does anyone have any information how long this office takes to finalize for PPR?

Kezia23

Jan 18, 2023
We have the same VO Manila. My wife received here prearrival at the end of May 2023 and got her passport request and visa on the 2nd week of June.
Hello everyone,

My husband and I applied for an Spousal PR in May of 2022. All is completed in the Tracker and the GCMS notes are also up to date, We received our pre arrival letter in August of 2023 and since then, it has been complete silence. Our VO is manila, outland. Does anyone have any information how long this office takes to finalize for PPR?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
@ValDen, I do not believe there is anything like a set or predictable time to finalize anything. It varies a lot, case by case.

In our case, we applied in Nov./22, pre-arrived came in Oct./23 and PPR a week after that. But I am aware of many cases where pre-arrival was issued long before PPR. We see instances of that many times on this forum.

I was rep. for another couple, Manila VO. I sent in their application in Dec./22. Pre-arrival in that case came in Sept./22 and, again, PPR within about a week.

It looks like things went quickly for @Kezia23, with an application date of Dec./22 and PPR just over 6 months later.

What just these few examples tell us is that there is a lot of variation and, if you are within the posted processing times, there is not much to say or do. Just wait it out.

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
@ValDen, I do not believe there is anything like a set or predictable time to finalize anything. It varies a lot, case by case.

In our case, we applied in Nov./22, pre-arrived came in Oct./23 and PPR a week after that. But I am aware of many cases where pre-arrival was issued long before PPR. We see instances of that many times on this forum.

I was rep. for another couple, Manila VO. I sent in their application in Dec./22. Pre-arrival in that case came in Sept./22 and, again, PPR within about a week.

It looks like things went quickly for @Kezia23, with an application date of Dec./22 and PPR just over 6 months later.

What just these few examples tell us is that there is a lot of variation and, if you are within the posted processing times, there is not much to say or do. Just wait it out.
Thank you for your information. Just to let you know that our processing time has hit 19 months, which is a lot longer than their posted processing times. Is there any suggestions that you could make? We ordered the gcms notes and also contacted our MP, both just state that the file is still in process.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thank you for your information. Just to let you know that our processing time has hit 19 months, which is a lot longer than their posted processing times. Is there any suggestions that you could make? We ordered the gcms notes and also contacted our MP, both just state that the file is still in process.
Can't really suggest anything as I'm in a somewhat similar situation but I wonder what statuses (especially for background check) you have on GCKey?
GCMS contains details for each of the step, are they all complete as well? Is there any notes by officers?

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
Sorry to hear it still drags on in your case. You have done 2 things always recommended when you are beyond posted processing time: (i) ordered gems notes; and (ii) contacted MP. It could be the case that, if the MP has inquired of the IRCC, that will cause some action on the file, now that it's been pointed out that it's past due. But, I don't know.

@ERCAN has some similar experience, but does not seem to have a lot more to suggest, which is not surprising. However, ERCAN has the comfort of a spouse who obtained a TRV. Not sure if you have applied for/obtained same.

mk9353

Star Member
Oct 10, 2023
Asking on behalf of my cousin:

He is a Canadian citizen and looking to marry in India. His fiancé has no Canadian visa. After marriage Is it possible if my cousin can sponsor her for a work permit and once she land apply for "in land" PR application? Calling all experts on this page to help me with my question. Thank you!!

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Can't really suggest anything as I'm in a somewhat similar situation but I wonder what statuses (especially for background check) you have on GCKey?
GCMS contains details for each of the step, are they all complete as well? Is there any notes by officers?
Background, Eligibility, Medical and Biometrics are all completed. We received pre arrival end of August 2023 and since then, dead silence. our VO is Manila.

BandR

Nov 21, 2023
Background, Eligibility, Medical and Biometrics are all completed. We received pre arrival end of August 2023 and since then, dead silence. our VO is Manila.
That is very strange. I hope your case is not the normal routine. Did you get GCMS notes?