+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Seperate citizenship application for kids and mother

Seira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2013
Hi friends,
We had immigrated to Canada on a Skilled labor visa(for my husband). We had come with our 2 children 3yr old and 5yr old then. Now my husband has completed his citizenship days but I haven't completed them as I went out of the country with my kids for 2 month vacation.

My question is as the children don't have the residency requirement, can my husband apply seperately with the children and can I apply after 2 months or should the children be applied with the mother?

Or if it is not possible for my husband to apply with the kids, is it possible for my husband to apply seperately and for me to apply later with the children?

Would appreciate your comments.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Seira said:
Hi friends,
We had immigrated to Canada on a Skilled labor visa(for my husband). We had come with our 2 children 3yr old and 5yr old then. Now my husband has completed his citizenship days but I haven't completed them as I went out of the country with my kids for 2 month vacation.

My question is as the children don't have the residency requirement, can my husband apply seperately with the children and can I apply after 2 months or should the children be applied with the mother?

Or if it is not possible for my husband to apply with the kids, is it possible for my husband to apply seperately and for me to apply later with the children?

Would appreciate your comments.
The children should apply with their father, as they don't have to meet residency requirements if they are included in a parents application who meets the requirements.