+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Separation during PR

smh-021

Oct 21, 2018
Hi
My friend initially came to Canada in 2015 on spousal sponsorship. His wife was Canadian and Pakistani citizen and they got married in Pakistan in 2013. After spending 2 years in MiddleEast they moved to Canada in 2015.
After arriving in Canada they had usual husband wife rifts which ultimately lead to separation in Aug 2016. They have a son of 2 years and his wife and her family did not allow my husband to meet with the kid and they started threatening him for the legal course of action.

My friend got disheartened and left Canada in September 2016 and started legal proceeding in Pakistan. Ultimately he divorced his wife in December 2016 in Pakistan and in the mean time his wife filed a case for spousal and child support in Canada.

Now my friend, who still lives outside Canada, wants to meet with his kid and hired a lawyer in Canada to respond on the case but case in moving very slow.

I understand the case is bit complex and I am wondering can someone throw light on the possible outcome and share any suggestion.
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless the can go to mediation the court case takes a while. In Canada both parents usually get some form of custody or visitation unless there is proof that the parent would be a danger to the child.

Reactions: smh-021